Hermetic Blades Crusade List

Salty Monkey

The High Magister has sent right hand, First Mage Kahotep Maat to investigate a warp anomaly he detected in the Astaroda system.

His mission is to investigate and determine if further resources should be allocated to the area. He is accompanied by some daemon allies led by The Changeling. The fact that such an perplexing creature of the warp has aligned with this mission would suggest there is more here than even the High Magister knows...

• Like 3

Running List for Crusade: End of week four

Games completed: 4

The Hermetic Blades (Cult of Mutation)

Faction: Thousand Sons: 

Requisition Points: 0 Unspent, 9 Total

- Warlord Trait (1)

- Relic (1)

- Increase Supply Limit (6)

- rearm & resupply (1)

Supply Limit: 80 PL - Available: 0 pl

+ HQ +

- Thousand Sons:

The Exulted Lord Anot (7p - 2 xp)  Exulted Sorcerer on disk of Tzeentch  – Plasma pistol, force stave Psychic powers: Death Hex, Glamour of Tzeentch, Smite & Warp Reality.

First Mage Kahotep Maat:  Sorcerer (6p(gained 1pl) - exp 7 ) – Warpflame pistol, force stave Psychic powers: Weaver of fates, Prescience, Smite & Warp Reality. Relic: Exulted Mutation, WL Trait: Touch of Vicissitude. Battle Trait: Tactical Experience

+ Troops +

- Thousand Sons:

The Rabble: 20 Chaos Cultists (pl 6 - xp 2) – Autoguns, 1 champion with autogun

White team: 10 rubric marines (12pl - exp 5 ) - Aspiring Sorcerer: bolt pistol, force staff psychic powers: Tzeentch’s Fire Storm, Smite & Warp Reality. 7x inferno boltguns, 1x warpflamer, 1x soulreaper cannon,

Red team: 5 rubric marines (6pl  exp 4) - Aspiring Sorcerer: bolt pistol, force staff psychic powers: Tzeentch’s Fire Storm, Smite & Warp Reality. 4x inferno boltguns

+ Elites +

- Thousand Sons:

Burning fist: 5 scarab occult terminators (10p - xp 1l) – Scarab Occult Sorcerer: inferno combi-bolter, Psychic powers: Weaver of fates, Smite & Warp Reality. 3x Inferno Combi-bolters & powersowrds. 1x Hellfire missile rack, 1x Soulreaper cannon & power sword

+ Fast Attack +

- Thousand Sons:

Xibbors: Chaos Spawn (1pl exp 4) – he is what he is

Wexoz: Chaos Spawn (1pl  exp 0) – so is he

Tzoxix: Chaos Spawn (1pl  exp 0) – so is he

+ Heavy Support +

- Thousand Sons:

Anot’s Fire: Chaos Predator (10pl (gained 1pl) - xp 6) - Twin lascannon, 2x lascannon, combi bolter, Battle Trait: Armourbane

Xicol's tomb: Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought  (18pl - xp 0) - 2x hellflamer, 2x butcher cannon array

+ Transport +

- Thousand Sons:

The Ash Box 1: Chaos rhino (4pl) - Havoc launcher, combi bolter

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Crusade week 2

intercepted message incoming...

''I am requesting reinforcements. While I have not located the anomaly, I have encountered two patrols of enemies...strong enemies.

First was the Necrons, this is my first encounter with these metal death machines and I was severely out gunned. I must admit that in this first encounter I underestimated the ferocity and quickness of their hulking metal forms, I will not again. I detected a strong purpose for their presence, but the madness that plagues the mind of their leader hid that purpose from me. 

The Second was the old enemy. The corpus king has sent a detachment of his elite personal guard to the planet.  The mere presence of the Adeptus Custodes makes me feel there is something of great importance here.

My failures in my first two encounters will not be repeated. I will continue my mission and will await your guidance my lord."

...end transmission...

----

.Game 1

Necrons defeated the Hermetic blades easily. The Skopekhs are brutal and pretty much walked though most of my force. My one unit (that survived) was the White Team rubrics which did most of what little I could accomplish - and I gave them the Mark of greatness (begrudgingly cus we all kinda sucked this game) also I did not achieve any agenda (I messed up my sorcerer stats which would have changed the game and I probibly would not have been able to kill his Skopekh lord.  I will not take any experience from King Slayer)

game 2

Custodes brutalized me...I killed one model...not a squad but 1 model. no one proved worthy of any accolades this game and I will not give anyone marked for greatness here because they were all equally useless 😉....yeah it was that bad lol

These were some painful games & I got lots of work to do

I will adjust experience and make any changes above and give er a go next week...we will see

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

It was a good game. 25 PL is such a small amount it is hard to have a decent list for each army. 

“On paper” I think Salty Monkey had the stronger army list, I had several turns of strong dice rolls allowing me to weather his strong shooting. Salty Monkey also deployed very deep into his deployment zone and the allowed me to bum-rush the Objectives.

I think if he’d been a bit more aggressive and/or the Dice Gods hadn’t been so favorable to me, the game would have been his.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ish said:

“On paper” I think Salty Monkey had the stronger army list, I had several turns of strong dice rolls allowing me to weather his strong shooting. Salty Monkey also deployed very deep into his deployment zone and the allowed me to bum-rush the Objectives.

I think if he’d been a bit more aggressive and/or the Dice Gods hadn’t been so favorable to me, the game would have been his.

That happened in my game as well. If Salty kept the possessed back and used them to screen the rubrics or had split them up and used one to swing around both flanks to threaten both objectives it could of been a different game. Especially if the 10 man Rubric squad was swapped where the 5 man were. Could of killed off my warriors there and then I would have relied on the Skorpekh even more. 

• Like 1

had a great game against @Mulgrok, we played "the Ritual" crusade mission. He was defender & I was attacker

Battle honours were given to Anot's Fire, and per the mission I was able to give the predator the Battle Trait: Armourbane

It was good to finally win a game but with that said I think summoning can get a bit nuts so I will not be doing it any more this crusade.

I got lucky and was able to summon 30 horrors in round 2, adding 12pl to my force...I know it was lucky and in the crusade rules that I can do so with out cost. but it feels overpowered and as the only chaos player its easy for me to just keep that bit of nonsense out of future games.

Great game against Jason, I hope I got your name right 😉

Librarian Sholta Ekshor is a beast & I looking forward to the rematch

• Like 2

had a rough game against @Inquisitor66 , we played recon patrol and he just killed me in points.

Battle honours go to First Mage Kahotep Maat for taking out a Callidus assassin in melee...if he keeps this up he'll be exulted in no time

had a good time and got some good advice from Tyler which i will take and move forward to the next game. I also updated the list above. Maybe the big guy will help with my lack of pew pew.

Ok rover next time! Pew pew pew - Sniper Cat | Meme Generator

also played a 1000pt game against Mark and his orkz brutalized me...I really need more dakka & to learn my stratagems  😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...