Reign in Hell

Ish

YouTube wargaming personalities Adam “Uncle Atom” Loper (Tabletop Minions) and Vince Venturella (Warhammer Weekly) have a new miniatures agnostic skirmish game.

Sounds kind of like a WarCry type game... I’m intrigued. $10 for the PDF, $15 for a physical copy...

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Well, I just broke down and bought the PDF+Paperback combo. The “dead tree” edition won’t be here for a month or so, but the shiny new PDF was delivered instantly.

Now I just need to pick some demons (and figure out how to actually get a game night in!).

• Like 1

@Salty Monkey and I played a few learning games last night - really awesome!

Like Oathmark it's combat system is quick to learn but has a lot of possibilities. The activation system I think was the best "new to me" feature of the game.

Combat is brutal and both sides definitely take casualties - but fortunately the outcome of the fights did not actually have a huge impact on the winning conditions of the scenarios. Different scenario objectives favored having different types of demons in your cabal. In campaign mode I can definitely see the different uses of souls being weighed carefully.

I have plenty of demon proxies for two cabals. Definitely looking to play more learning games this holiday season if you're around!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my dead tree copy of the rulebook arrived a few days ago (but my kids didn’t tell me and it sat unopened on the counter for days… Teenagers. Sigh.)

From what I’ve read, it seems like a really fun game. A bit more “meaty” than WarCry, but still a pretty fast-paced and rules lite game.

I also managed to finagle my way into a full-time, fixed-schedule position at my new job. So hopefully, come February or March, I can start getting my butt to game days again! 

• Like 1