Announcing Casual 40k Crusade Escalation League!

Tao Tsê-Mung

• 2 weeks later...

Journal of Captain Griessmer, Delta Company, 9th Battalion, Cadian 124th

Day 31

Operations have not improved. Regiment is embattled on all sides, losses increase daily. Contact on-planet and to wider Imperium continues to be troubled and difficult. Every damned race in the galaxy seems to want this worthless planet and we haven't the equipment to defend it properly. Auxilla units perform poorly. The Fenrisian Astartes have lost all sense of friend or foe. Morale is low. Don't have anything to tell the men. I hate this place, we would do better to evacuate than to stay longer, but the Lord Commander and Administratum insist it be defended.

Will recommend Guard pull back front to more defensible positions. Doubt the generals will listen. The Emperor protects, but only sometimes.

• Like 2

Do folks feel like advancing to 1250pts for this Thursday & Saturday? Or prefer to stay at 1000pts for one more week?

I’m ambivalent, @Treads-n-Wings @Salty Monkey @Salty Soviet you guys haven’t played much at the 1000pt level recently, armies are relatively new to the crusade. Want another week at 1000pts to gain some more unit exp?

On 10/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, Mustache Dorn said:

What are feelings on 1) joining this far into the league; and 2) games outside the clubhouse?

I'm interested in joining, but in the spirit of Covid-caution for my toddler I'm kind of restricted to garage hammer at the moment.

Where are you located? That’s probably the biggest factor but we ordo folks are located all over the region.

1 hour ago, Treads-n-Wings said:

I'd like to stay at 1000 points for another week or two. And I'm happy to play games outside the clubhouse; just keep in mind I'm still restricted to Saturday-Sunday for games, and I'd prefer to not drive too far out of the Portland area.

Sounds good, easier to get two games in per night this way too!

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 10:58 AM, Tao Tsê-Mung said:

Do folks feel like advancing to 1250pts for this Thursday & Saturday? Or prefer to stay at 1000pts for one more week?

I’m ambivalent, @Treads-n-Wings @Salty Monkey @Salty Soviet you guys haven’t played much at the 1000pt level recently, armies are relatively new to the crusade. Want another week at 1000pts to gain some more unit exp?

I m good with anything 🙂

• Like 1

Journal of Captain Griessmer, Delta Company, 9th Battalion, Cadian 124th

Day 52

VICTORY! Emperor's blood, a light in the dark! The necrons finally decided the local population's habit of hiding supply dumps in the planet's equatorial badlands would have to end. We beat one of their extermination detachments to a cache. They were accompanied by crypteks, I hope that the loss we dealt them was greater than I originally thought. The locals have shown renewed appreciation for the Guard's efforts and if all goes well I shall requisition additional troops and material for the 9th.

• Like 2