Announcing Casual 40k Crusade Escalation League!

Tao Tsê-Mung

I 'really' need to get back to throwing dice. This seems like a good way to get my first 40k game in 2 years (haven't even played the new edition yet).

Heck, not even sure I can make a 500pt Necron force, not knowing what they all do yet.

Is battlescribe still viable, or what online army builder works well? I have the codex, just hate paper/pencil.

But, tomorrow, eh?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

I 'really' need to get back to throwing dice. This seems like a good way to get my first 40k game in 2 years (haven't even played the new edition yet).

Heck, not even sure I can make a 500pt Necron force, not knowing what they all do yet.

Is battlescribe still viable, or what online army builder works well? I have the codex, just hate paper/pencil.

But, tomorrow, eh?

battle scribe works with necrons, crusade is a bit different but if you make a 500pt list it you can get the hang of it and make the rest of your force after you get a feel for it

I have the new Necron codex if you want it...brand new & still smells like victory. I can bring it in next week and it's yours if you want it

...this is not a bribe just a temptation 😉

4 minutes ago, Salty Monkey said:

battle scribe works with necrons, crusade is a bit different but if you make a 500pt list it you can get the hang of it and make the rest of your force after you get a feel for it

I have the new Necron codex if you want it...brand new & still smells like victory. I can bring it in next week and it's yours if you want it

...this is not a bribe just a temptation 😉

So if I make a 500pt list, that would work for crusade (at least in the short run)? I literally haven't looked at anything GW in a while. I 'own' the newest Necron codex, but still has plastic wrap on it, ever even read it yet. 🥴

I would be needing some SERIOUS hand holding back into the fold. Assuming folks are up for that.

1 hour ago, Salty Monkey said:

your force does not start with any relics or WLT. but you can purchase these at the building phase.

each force starts with 5 RP

it costs 1 RP to give a character a Relic or WLT

example:

I start Gimpy the Warboss with a Warlord trait & a relic

his starting force RP will be reduced to 3 RP (minus 1 for each )

other upgrades depend on description in the the section in the rule book that discuses spending RP. Some allow you to start with them but others can only be obtained after the unit has leveled up'd

I hope this helps

Ah... cool. I thought you gained 1 RP per game and started with 0. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Trainer said:

So if I make a 500pt list, that would work for crusade (at least in the short run)? I literally haven't looked at anything GW in a while. I 'own' the newest Necron codex, but still has plastic wrap on it, ever even read it yet. 🥴

I would be needing some SERIOUS hand holding back into the fold. Assuming folks are up for that.

Im sure someone will be there to help you get through it

• Like 1

Some Fluffy recap or Thursday's beginning Crusade. Anyone involved can add what they like to help the narrative along 🙂

---------

The sound of battle rang loud. on a small bluff some distance away a small, bug-eyed gretchen watched and reported his findings to Da Boss with his weird radio ting...

"Heyya Boss, Big Eye Tik letting ya know watz wat!"

I followed that Goff git like you said and he is a toofless *&#@ if I ever saw one. He ran into some hummies, ya know da skinky kind we ran into a bit back. Now one was a big hummie, had flappies and such and dat boy stunk! I could smell his rank a$$ from here. Boy o boy, dey nokked that teef out of ol' Gergie boy and his krew...I no tink they be commin back from dat one.

I were to come back but another groop of humies showed up...lit'l ones, just bigger den me I suppose. They fought with the stinky ones too...seems everyone is up for some krumpin here.

best send down soom ladz and see whats what i rekkin...Tik out"

--------

The @Salty Monkey's Goffs fought and lost to a mean batch of @ImperialTrooper's Death Guard and it was a fun game but the Orks will have to regroup if they hope to stand agianst them again.

@Treads-n-Wings's Gurard (that's right, they will always be The Guard 😉   ) came to a similar fate against @ImperialTrooper's Death Guard. The Cadian's fought well and the Commander took a champions charge at the Deamon Prince...he died but it was glorious. I bet there will be some armor next time with the Cadians, bring some righteous vengance(and some big guns) against that stinky lot for sure 🙂

till next week!

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2021 at 1:54 PM, Tao Tsê-Mung said:

No janitors custodians from @Ish?

Sorry I couldn't make it, I came down with a nasty cold (thankfully not covid - tested negative). I'm definitely looking forward to get some catch-up games in. @Treads-n-Wings @Constyx either of you have time Sat/Sun to play some more 500pt games?

Apologies, just saw this. Unfortunately this past Saturday I was busy. I am open to meeting for games outside Tuesday and Thursday in the future 

So I thought i would post up the offical, one and only Crusade list...I promise 😉

Da Nite Gosts of da Nite

Orks (Blood Axes)

RP total: 5                          RP available: 0

HQ:

Boss Mojo : Warboss <Da WAAAAGH!BOSS> 5pl / 95pts:

Gear: Kombi-skorcha, big choppa, 2x slugga  & Attack Squig

WLT (-1rp) : I’ve got a plan, Ladz!

Vargot Da Shokka Dok: Big Mek w/ shokk attack gun 6pl/110pts

Gear: shokk attack gun, stickbombs

Relic (-1rp): Super Cybork Body

Dizzik: Weirdboy 4pl/70pts

Gear: weirdboy staff

Power of the WAAAGH!: Da Jump, Jabbin fingerz, Smite

Relic (-1rp): Morg’s finkin’ cap

Troops:

Da Blood Shirts: 10 Boyz 5pl/100pts

Gear: Boss nob w/ Power klaw & slugga, 9x slugga choppaz, stickbombs

Elites:

Da Twinzez: 5 Meganobz 12pl/ 185pts

Gear: Boss Mega nob w/ kombi-skorcha  powerklaw, 4x kustom shoota & powerklaw

Wizzig da Eatta of Hummies: Nob with WAAAGH! Banner 4pl / 70pts

Gear: Kustom shoota, Waaagh! Banner, stickbombs

Da Killa Killaz: 5 Nobz 6pl/ 105pts

Gear: 5x big choppa & slugga, stickbombs

Tulg’z Ladz: 10 Nobz 12pl/190pts

Gear: Tulg boss nob: Killsaw & choppa, 9x nobs slugga & choppa, stickbombs

Heavy:

Da Ratatatataz: 5 lootas 4pl/ 90pts

Gear: spanner with kustom mega blasta, 4x deffgun & stickbombs

Big Eye Tik n hiz weird shooty radio ting: Mek gun 3pl/ 45pts

Gear: Bubblechukka

Transport:

Da Trukk: Trukk 4pl/ 70pts

Gear: big shoota

Da Hummie Trukk: trukk 4pl/70pts

Gear: big shoota

• Like 1

A little flavor for Thursday's Crusade. Anyone involved is welcome...nay encuraged to add their own fluffy goodness. I am not very good at it but here...ahem.."ER WE GO!"

The sun was blazing as Captain Gressmer wached his subordinates clean his uniform for a third time.

“ I don’t think the stink will ever come out…” he muttered out loud as a commss officer rushed in

“Sir, there’s a disturbance, 3 clicks south!” he said out of breath “you…you have to see it! Its difficult to explain”

“Get my chimera” The captain snapped

“Sir there is no need you can see it just outside”

Captain was led outside, looked up an saw a giant…Bubble? The size of a small town growing to the south. “What the *#%*” as he was interrupted by a cacophony of sound as the bubble popped. Music from where who knows...

***Some background music if you want but it is immature, crass and probably a bit offensive...but clean (I think) be warned 😉 ***

…meanwhile, just out of the atmosphere…

"MOJO! We hit fire line and breachin’, should be at Tik’z campt in minutes…he has already issued the mind oup noise to indimatate dem humies…That'll get em worked up!" A mucked up grot in goggles screams as the ‘land’n kraff’ breached the atmosphere.

….

Even the Death Guard looked up from…whatever horrible nonsense death guard do in their down time. As the exceptionally loud music is accompanied by what looks like several imperial cargo containers chained together, with wings maybe.?. Comes screaming full tilt from the atmosphere.

Seemingly out of control it crashed loudly in a desert valley. Just where the giant bubble seemed to originate.

“What hell is this now?” Captain Gressmer explained. A young soldier in a look-out tower yells down, “ORKS!!!”

Captain looked at the feted scar on his arm from his last battle. “Get your gear boys, we have work to do.”

• Like 1

FYI if you haven’t joined the crusade yet, this Saturday 8/28 or Thursday 9/2 are still great days to get a few games in.

By popular vote we’re keeping the games at 500pt combat patrol missions for one more week - through Thursday 9/2. We have a couple folks still building new armies and at 500pts it’s easy to get two or three games in one night.

We’ll move to 750pt games and 1250pt Order of Battle Supply Limit on Thursday 9/9. I’ve updated the mission dates to reflect this.

Edited by Tao Tsê-Mung
  • Like 3

Loving this crusade and just wanted to share this with folks - don’t buy the GW crusade journal!

Evidently a 1/3 of the pages are useless because of a printing error but GW is selling the misprints as the product instead of reprinting to the intended design:

https://casualhammerer.com/2020/07/27/warhammer-40000-crusade-journal-review/

I’ve already linked the pdf and google doc versions in the announcement post as well.

Edited by Tao Tsê-Mung
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Tao Tsê-Mung said:

Evidently a 1/3 of the pages are useless because of a printing error but GW is selling the misprints as the product instead of reprinting to the intended design:

Years ago an acquaintance who left Warhammer for other games told me he thought GW was a social experiment to see how long you can string customers out in a hobby before they quit for good. And at this point it seems as likely to me as any other theory as to why GW is how it is.

• Haha 2

Redo on crusade fluff.

"Skirmishes have been breaking out all over Kizmiaz. Death Guard and Necrons fighting in the north Valley. Orks running about fighting anything in their path and yesterday Thousand Sons ambushed us.”

Castellan Crowe calmly reported to his assigned Astropath.

“The Warp disturbance here seems to be real and it seems very much to be the unspoken enemy’s. Now it is a pity that some or the Emperor's loyal troops are hear as well…it troubles me to have to cull the faithful in order to keep the madness of Chaos at bay. But it will have to be done.”

“We will begin to work our way to the abandoned city. The surge seems to be strongest there. I will report more soon”

“Send that to Titan right away” Crowe told the pale, gaunt man before him. “I fear this expedition has just begun”

• Like 3

So @Salty Monkey correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I understand it the Order of Battle is independent of the detachment(s) you bring to any specific game.

So you can reorganize the detachment(s) brought to each battle as long as the units are all drawn from your Order of Battle. The requisition points are for modifying/swapping units out from your Order of Battle permanently.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Treads-n-Wings said:

How are we going to expand our lists and still be battle-forged? Going from 500 to 750 points isn't enough to create a new detachment (for most armies), but the patrol detachment I'm using is almost out of room for units. Obviously I don't want to lost the experience and honors my units already have. Any ideas?

@Tao Tsê-Mung is correct. your Order of Battle is a pool which you can create detachment(s) from. Detachment's are not locked in  🙂

• Like 3