New store Your Friendly Local Game Store

Play a game at this new store Your Friendly Local Game Store tonite. It was a nice causal atmosphere It remined me of old times. Guys sitting around painting. Friendly owners they took the time while i was playing to teacher my 10 year old MY LITTLE PONY CG. 

They are just starting out so table was noting more the some ply wood on a table,but was fun. It did not feel so pressured to play and get like some other places.

Plus their trying to get beer and wine license too. It's in Beaverton y'all should check it out.

• Like 2

Play a game at this new store Your Friendly Local Game Store tonite. It was a nice causal atmosphere It remined me of old times. Guys sitting around painting.

So, did a few searches for this one. You've got the name wrong. "Your Friendly Local Game Store" seems to be a franchise based out of florida. The one in Beaverton doesn't seem to be related. Instead, it's "The Friendly Local Game Store."

I know, knit picky, but I thought I'd mention it. Seems like a decent place via online reviews, with my only complaint being that I used to live in that area and now don't....I do wish the new store much success.

it is so close to my house I got in games against Grammul and Steel Angel and still was home in time for bed. I bet their arms are tired from all that spanking they did...but love the store, it is the first time I have ever had a game store i would deliberately go to instead of whatever I was closest to when I decided to buy something.

The crazy thing is that Other Worlds is probably just a few minutes further down the road for me time wise....and yet it still feels so much farther away than where I think this place is at. Heck...I could manage to drive by it every weekday when I pick my daughter up from daycare and not gain any time to my commute. Why can't my kid be old enough to mind her p's and q's on her own yet?

Depending on the age of your kids and your comfort level the shop has a little kids corner. I bring my 5 year old in occasionally and she plays quietly with the owners daughter but of course all bets are off if that doesn't work for you or the kids are just to small for that.

I have a dream...of an event that offers daycare for the kiddos...so that all of us parents can have our day of glory...where both patental units win the prize of free time...and every player is just so happy to be there that no one cares about wins or losses...just rolling dice and high fiving each other for pulling off the greatest thing a gamer with a kid could have dared dream.

• Like 1

Im down for that, let me know when that happens....

I have a dream...of an event that offers daycare for the kiddos...so that all of us parents can have our day of glory...where both patental units win the prize of free time...and every player is just so happy to be there that no one cares about wins or losses...just rolling dice and high fiving each other for pulling off the greatest thing a gamer with a kid could have dared dream.

Hey, my name's Tyler. I started a facebook group page for 40k players at The Friendly Local Game Store.  It's at facebook.com/groups/tflgs40k. This way we can organize games much easier. I'm having a very hard time figuring out how to get people in it, as I can only invite people who are on my friends list. 

Also, I'm making terrain in my workshop for the store, and it'll take me weeks to finish it all...unless I get help! At some point it'd be awesome to get some people over to help (I'll bribe with pizza and drinks!), and once we get the main wood and foam cutting done, we can do the painting in the shop if everybody wants to.  I'm located near the corner of 170th and TV Highway, Aloha/Beaverton OR. Let me know if you wanna help!

I've been hanging out there for the past few weeks, and I've got to say that right now it's the only game store that I make sure to drop in to every time I'm near by.  I'm really enjoying my time there and I got to play 40k for the first time in almost a year last Saturday.   It was a blast, and I'm looking forward to many more days and evenings spent there.

This game store is fantastic to game at. A few weeks ago, there was no community there at all. But through the efforts of me, UselesswizarD, and a few others, we have got a community there now. They have dedicated some space for us to play and they offer great deals for their products. Also their special orders are reliable.

Saturday is the big day for Warhammer 40k and they have set it aside as so, but they have space and can get a table ready if someone wanted to drop by on a different day.

The staff are really friendly and even though they know nothing about 40k, they are excited to have a 40k community thrive at the shop.