Pretre's Ordo Open Lists - 1850

pretre

Yeah, but if he's your only psyker and he's inside the Bastion, ML2 doesn't really mean much of anything. He may well be worth keeping, but I'm not sure how well he syncs up with hanging out with that squad.

He's going to be on top of the Bastion with the Plasma Henchies. So he can still cast Prescience on Exorcists or Perfect Timing on his Squad depending on what I get.

The Retributors are inside (to run the extra HB).

I'm going to check points later today for other options though.

632422_sm-.jpg

If I went with that list is have to paint about six models, touch up a half dozen (hair and such), paint three dozers (the IG ones look better) and build an ammo dump.

For the dump, does 60mm base sound good?

For the void shield, since it's internal do I need to rep it?

Ugh, I can't wait to get the SW codex. I am reaaaaly liking what I've seen so far and it might actually make me buy new models, which I don't do a lot of.

Depending on how it looks, I could see myself going with that for the Open.

ML2 Rune Priest - ~150

Wolf Priest ~125

15 BC with Flamers - ~250

Stormwolf - ~225

5 GH - ~80

Stormfang - ~225

10 GH - ~200

Rhino - 35

10 GH - ~200

Rhino - 35

Ven Dread - ~200

Long Fangs - ~150

Hmm...

Uriah Jacobus

3 Priests (Litanies)

BSS (5) with Flamer/MM in Repressor

BSS (5) with Flamer/MM in Repressor

BSS (20) with HF/Melta/MB

Dominions (5) with 4 Melta in TL-MM

Dominions (5) with 3 Melta, Sim Imp in Repressor

Exorcist

Exorcist

Retributors (6) with 4 HB and Sim Imp

Bastion with Ammo Dump, Void Shield

Coteaz

Xenos with Psychotroke, Liber, Rad, Servoskull

8 Henchmen with Plasma, 3 Plasma Cannons

1850 on the nose.

I'm really thinking about popping at least one eviscerator on a Priest for Knight/big vehicle defense. Hmm.

I don't think there's any specific need to model a Void Shield on a building, although if you wanted to you certainly could.

Agree, but if you've the time, it could look really cool...

Agree, but if you've the time, it could look really cool...

The problem is that I need to make something cool that doesn't interfere with the working of the model (i.e. taking up space on the top or such).

I'm thinking I may be able to make pylons/antennae that hang on the sides to project.

So I made my ammo dump and have pylons for the void. I'll e trying it against aventine Saturday.

But...

Steel host

Pask extern with hb an dozer

Extern with hb and dozer

Demo with dozer

Demo with dozer

Exec with plasma and las dozer

Hydra

Wolf priest

15 bc with flamers in storm wolf

5 GH with melta in storm fang

Prob swap a demo for the cover ignoring one.

• Like 1

So I made my ammo dump and have pylons for the void. I'll e trying it against aventine Saturday.

But...

Steel host

Pask extern with hb an dozer

Extern with hb and dozer

Demo with dozer

Demo with dozer

Exec with plasma and las dozer

Hydra

Wolf priest

15 bc with flamers in storm wolf

5 GH with melta in storm fang

Prob swap a demo for the cover ignoring one.

I'll need the points from the codex to be exact but that's pretty close. (Assuming about 250 per flyer).

I would try and scrape together enough points for a few changes. A max-sized squad is nice and all, but changing which Russes you're running would help a TON. Pask really has no excuse not to be in a Punisher, especially since it's only 10pts over what you're running now; Demolishers don't take advantage of the Steel Host very well at all- that's where I would run Exterminators or Eradicators, and that saves enough points to go for Multimelta or Heavy Bolter sponsons. (You could also make some argument for Heavy Flamers, given that you otherwise will be rather weak to things that get in close.) I'm not a huge fan of the Lascannon on the Executioner, but it does at least fit with what you're generally doing; personally I'd go for the Heavy Flamer/Bolter there, but that could easily just be my stubborn dislike of the Lascannon given its previous incarnations.

Does the Stormwolf pay for the Lascannons on the side, or are those automatic? I don't recall offhand- I know the Fang has to pay for them, but...

Okay, so here's a closer list.

CAD (required by open)

GH Pack (5 GH, Melta) - 70

Stormfang - Helfrost Destructor, 2 SS Missiles, TL-MM - 240

Ulrik the Slayer - 145 (FNP 6+, PE in 6", Stubborn in 6", etc)

Bloodclaw Pack (15 BC, 2 Flamers) - 180

Stormwolf - TL Helfrost Cannon, TL Lascannon, TL Multimelta - 235

The Steel Host

Pask in Punisher with HB Sponsons, Stubber, Dozer - 240

Executioner with Plasma Sponsons and Dozer - 190

Eradicator with MM Sponsons, Dozer - 145

Exterminator with HB Sponsons, Dozer - 155

Exterminator with MM Sponsons, Dozer -  155

Hydra - 70

That's 1845.

Pask really has no excuse not to be in a Punisher, especially since it's only 10pts over what you're running now;

Hopefully we answered the Storm Wolf Questions, but here's the leaked stat block

Stormwolf - Fast Attack - Points = 215

BS4 - F12 S12 R12 HP3 - Vehicle (Flyer, Hover, Transport)

Wargear:

Twin-linked helfrost cannon

Twin-linked lascannon

Two twin-linked heavy bolters - May be replaced with a Skyhammer launcher for free, or two twin-linked multi-meltas for 20pts

Ceramite Plating

Special Rules:

Assault Vehicle

Power of the Machine Spirit

Transport:

Transport Capacity - sixteen models

Fire Points - none

Access Points - One ramp at the front of the hull

Stormfang Gunship - Heavy Support - Points = 220

BS4 - F12 S12 R12 HP3 - Vehicle (Flyer, Hover Transport)

Wargear:

Helfrost destructor

Two twin-linked heavy bolters - May be replaced with a Skyhammer launcher for free, or two twin-linked multi-meltas for 20 pts

Two Stormstrike missiles - May be replaced with a twin-linked lascannon for 15 pts

Ceramite Plating

Special Rules:

Power of the Machine Spirit

Transport:

Transport Capacity - six models

Fire Points - none

Access Points - One at rear of the hull

Helfrost cannon

dispersed - R24" S6 AP3 Heavy 1, Helfrost, Blast

focussed - R24" S8 AP1 Heavy 1, Helfrost

Helfrost destructor

dispersed - R24" S6 AP3 Heavy 1, Helfrost, Large Blast

focussed - R24" S8 AP1 Heavy 1, Helfrost, Lance

Helfrost - If a model suffers one or more unsaved wounds from this weapon, it must pass a separate Strength test for each wound suffered or be removed from play

As for Pask, why Punisher? Just the extra toughness and butt-ton of shots? I guess if you're rending, you might as well go for it. I was going for more range and ability to rend higher vehicles, but I guess the same is true of punisher as well. I'm just worried about getting outranged mostly.

Also, seems like POTMS is a cool rule for these flyers. I could jink, for instance, and still fire a weapon or just split fire. Neato.

Also, from a opinion standpoint, am I being silly in my search to get Steel Host in a list? Should I go with a more traditional space wolf list? (TWC, Grey Hunters, etc.)

636360_sm-.jpg

Staging pic to make sure I had all the needed turrets and sponsons. Pask is my old SW LR Exterminator now with Punisher. Got some weapon swaps on sponsons for MM, if I go that route to do and have to convert that custom manticore into a Hydra with 4 HWT Autocannons.

Flying bases are standins for the space wolf flyers which aren't even shipping until Saturday or so. Also, I have to figure out some way to do the stubber for 'Pask'. I'm thinking of adding the stubber to his right hand so he is single hand firing it (instead of the bolter). Also, may swap his old left arm with a newer cooler space wolf arm. (or I could just put a whole new SW in there. Hmm...)

Old pic of him closer up with the custom 'autocannon' turret and the front HB removed (since I was running him as a pred for a while).

60071_sm-Leman%20Russ%2C%20Space%20Wolve