Pretre's Ordo Open Lists - 1850

pretre

Flying stands/bases don't really have any specific rules for how you mount the model on them. Heck, bases don't really have any rules for that kind of thing.

Those first couple of pictures look crazy-low compared to... well, every other flyer in the game. That thing is like a full three inches below the Vendetta there.

Flying stands/bases don't really have any specific rules for how you mount the model on them. Heck, bases don't really have any rules for that kind of thing.

Those first couple of pictures look crazy-low compared to... well, every other flyer in the game. That thing is like a full three inches below the Vendetta there.

I found three ways to position it legitimately. 2 of them basically out the crew compartment level with the ground around three inches and make the lascannons tough to target nearby with.

The Third is the leaning way and makes the lascannons much easier to target and the front only an inch or so off the ground.

I'm really thinking of just switching to Stormwolves for both. The more I think about it, the more I want it.

My problem is the last 30 or so points.

Okay, so:

Ulrik - 145

BC Pack - 10 BC + flamer - 125

Stormwolf - TL HFC, TLL, TL-MM - 235

BC Pack - 10 BC + flamer - 125

Stormwolf - TL HFC, TLL, TL-MM - 235

Pask with Punisher, HB Spon, Dozer, Heavy Stub - 240

Executioner with Plasma Spon, Dozer - 190

Eradicator with HB and Dozer- 145

Exterminator with HB and Dozer - 155

Hydra - 70

I can take 2 more BC, but that puts me with 6 extra points. I could take a single WGPL with Termi and Combi, but that seems silly.

Hmm. Cheap HQs.

WGBL is 50 naked.

Rune Priest is 60/85.

I like Ulrik's buffs though. Hmm.

Dropping the heavy stubber on Pask is an easy one too. That's another 5.

Grr. Tinkering. I've got a game against Mauz this weekend as well. Will be a good test.

Oooh. Here's an idea.

Ulrik - 145

10 BC with Flamer/Power Axe - 140

Stormwolf - 235

10 BC with Flamer/Power Axe - 140

Stormwolf - 235

Pask with Punisher, HB Spon, Dozer, Heavy Stub - 240

Executioner with Plasma Spon, Dozer - 190

Eradicator with HB and Dozer- 145

Hydra - 70

1850 on the nose.

Gives those BC a little punch on the charge.

• Like 1

Played a game with the new list against Mauz. Barely won (Ulrik, 7 BC and a stormwolf still up). Necrons again. Trying to decide if necrons just eat my lunch or if sisters would be a better choice for the open.

I'm leaning to necrons eat my lunch. I did fail a lot of charges and his wraiths survived everything I threw at them ugh. At least his barge lord stayed down the second time. :)

Played a game with the new list against Mauz. Barely won (Ulrik, 7 BC and a stormwolf still up). Necrons again. Trying to decide if necrons just eat my lunch or if sisters would be a better choice for the open.

I'm leaning to necrons eat my lunch. I did fail a lot of charges and his wraiths survived everything I threw at them ugh. At least his barge lord stayed down the second time. :)

With necrons, where are you getting stuck? I've found most players either get stuck with the spammed AV13, wraiths, or with the surplus of aircraft. The monolith could be a sticking point, but I never see those anymore. No question, it's a good codex/army, but I've found they are unmanageable if you lack certain hard counters to the above specific elements of their army.

I'm not sure you understand my point. I feel like my list is performing more poorly than I anticipated. This may be due to the facts that I've only played necrons. Necrons may be the counter to the list or the list may be weak.

As I am currently off for a while, and happen to own 20 ish 40k armies, tell me a day you are available and what you'd like to try your list against. I will try to accommodate. Get you some good practice.
  • Like 2

I'm not sure you understand my point. I feel like my list is performing more poorly than I anticipated. This may be due to the facts that I've only played necrons. Necrons may be the counter to the list or the list may be weak.

Necrons are good, but, on paper, I think your list is the issue. That said, I don't know much about the new SW list, so I was asking which areas your having trouble with against those 'crons. With a basic glance, seems like you don't have enough weapons to pen AV13 at range, so your probably relying on glancing them to death, which makes those necrons much more difficult. Your army seems focused around anti-infantry to an extreme where I question if you'd get demolished by a single AV14 vehicle/building.

I'm thinking you probably have enough snap shots to cope with necron flyers, even without the hydra. I'd consider replacing the hydra with a vengeance weapon battery equipped with a Quad Icarus Lascannon for 75pts. Similar cost and you'd get an interceptor weapon. Even if it never hits, if you can force them to jink when they arrive on the table, it will greatly help against necron flyers.

Your list should be amazing against tyranids and biker armies. Mech armies that spam AV 10-11 should be very easy wins for you. AV12 a bit more difficult, but still an even fight. At range, your weak point is AV13-14.

I will also note that your low number of models is probably at the core to why your having trouble. I count 30 total models. This means you have very little room for mistakes or bad rolling.

As I am currently off for a while, and happen to own 20 ish 40k armies, tell me a day you are available and what you'd like to try your list against. I will try to accommodate. Get you some good practice.

Sounds like a plan! I'll try to get back to you this week.

@pax: I can't drop the hydra, it is required for steel host.

I think this week I'm going to work on a new list. Mauz suggested sister/SW which worked really well at GC previously. It'll get me a lot of bodies on the table and I'll use the same basic SW list to support it. We will see though.

Funny list #1:

Jacobus

Priests x2 (Litanies)

5 BSS in Repressor (F/MM)

5 BSS in Repressor (F/MM)

5 Dominions in Repressor (Melta x4)

Exorcist

Exorcist

Ulrik

13 BC in Stormwolf (TLMM, Flamer, Power Axe)

12 BC in Stormwolf (TLMM, Flamer, Power Axe)

Jacobus and 1 Priest (Litanies) chill with Ulrik and 12 BC. Other priest goes with the 13 BC. That gives the 12 BC unit, Fearless (x2), FNP (6+), Reroll hits on the charge, Preferred enemy 6" bubble (SW only), War Hymns and a 12" Fearless/Stubborn bubble.

Jacobus

Priest (Litanies)

5 BSS in Rhino (HF/M)

5 BSS in Rhino (HF/M)

5 Dominions (Melta x4) in Repressor

5 Retributors with 4 HF and Veteran (Goes in Drop Pod)

Exorcist

Exorcist

Ulrik

10 BC in Stormwolf (TLMM, Flamer, Power Axe)

10 BC in Stormwolf (TLMM, Flamer, Power Axe)

Drop Pod

Priest and Jacobus go where needed. Strong alpha strike with the Doms and Rets both hitting hard first turn. I lose a lot of the AV13 threat by dropping the Repressors down to Rhinos though.