Saga stuff

So I just got some Saga stuff from gripping beast. They seem a tab bit small but the main thing was what is the best way to make spears.

spears not in small bags with shields?

That said, I did loose one and used some thick wire (will check gauge #, same kind used to pin models) and filed a notch and point; when primed you can't tell the difference

• Like 1

How many spears do you need?  I can probably hook you up.  Gripping Beast includes the spears and bases when you order the models as SAGA packs, but if you buy them from their regular line you have to buy the spears separately.  They have lead spears and wire spears.  I bought a pack of the wire spears and didn't like them, and I might even have some of the lead ones left over.

Oh, and look at what I'm making for the store:

yLWYyDm.jpg

How many spears do you need?  I can probably hook you up.  Gripping Beast includes the spears and bases when you order the models as SAGA packs, but if you buy them from their regular line you have to buy the spears separately.  They have lead spears and wire spears.  I bought a pack of the wire spears and didn't like them, and I might even have some of the lead ones left over.

Oh, and look at what I'm making for the store:

yLWYyDm.jpg

What's this, then?

What's this, then?

It's going to be a Saga battleboard when its done.  48" across, 36" deep (because Saga is obnoxious that way) with two six inch gutters.  This way we can use the smaller side tables to play Saga, rather than using half of one of the big warhammer tables.

I used my router to demarcate the gutters, and the cuts are painted gold.  The gutters are, as you can kind of see, a red and black gradient -- same as the Saga rulebook covers.  I've got gold silkscreen ink on the way, and I'll be silkscreening the SAGA logo on each gutter, plus a reserves area and a graveyard area.  Assuming I don't screw anything up, it should look very sweet when I'm done.

I also ordered a 48" long, 3" wide river from Armorcast, because the plastic river we've got in the store looks naff and I hate it.  Plus two wooden bridges (I like Sherbert's stone bridge, but it's a little too nice for the time period, and too big for a 3" river), and a little stone church.

If anyone wants to volunteer to paint the river, I'd totally appreciate it.  I don't paint water so good. 

Updated image, now with layer of mud and dirt:

FGcirIJ.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Well as soon as I can get some Calvary bases I will have my force built. I already have all my archers and crossbowmen built.

I have a ton of the green plastic rendara cavalry bases if you want them.

I would love to play but I have to wait a few weeks. Practice for the OFCC this week and then Amon Amarth concert the following week.

Stupid OFCC!  ::shakes fist::

What size base did you use for your warlord?

Originally I just used a 25mm x 50mm rectangle, same as the rest of my cavalry, but I'm doing a new one mounted on a 50mm circle because I read on the studio tomahawk forums that the 50mm circle is "standard" for mounted warlords.

My mounted priests and unmounted warlords are going on 40mm circles.  Everything else is either 25x50 rectangles or 25mm circles.

I'll throw a 50mm disc in for you, since the bag of them I bought had twice as many as I needed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.