Cheating on my beloved 40k with Chaos Warriors

I really like the biomech asthetic of the juggernaughts, so I'm running with it.

Here's my army so far, with my build concepts:

Lord on Dragon (CSM Heldrake conversion)

BSB on foot

Lvl 2 Wizard

2x 18 WoC

2x Chariots (CSM Maulerfiend conversions)

10x Knights

3 Juggers

Pics as they come.  Fitting this build in between commissions

don't forget that your bsb and wizard will take up a spot in your units.  in this case I'm guessing you will have 2 units of 17 warriors.  dropping the points for 2 chaos warriors you can buy something nice.

I cant say enough about the war shrines.  I would never be without one.  they are moderate in combat, very tough with the ward save (especially as tzeench) and let you do more of what the army does.  nothing like trading your unit champions for demons.  if I were building a power list idk if they would fit, but for fun there a shoe in.  if it were me I would drop 1 chaos warrior out of a unit to make room for the bob, drop 1 chariot, and try to put your wizard onto a war shrine as his mount.  keeps your wizard out of the main combat forces, the war shrine acts as the second chariot, and you get the bound spell and rerolls. don't know the actual points roll of course.

• Like 1

Here's a better pic of a warrior.  I really wanted to use the GW vertigre so I planned the painting around it.  I used the airbrush as much as possible, and didn't really do a lot of prep. This is purely a fun with friends kind of army so I'm staying focused on completing instead of dumping too much time in them.  I think they ended up looking like aged suits you'd find in a tomb.  I think it works with their poses.

I can do a step-by-step if anyone asks.

warrior04.JPGwarrior05.JPGwarrior06.JPG

I've also built a Slaughterbrute.  I wanted him to look like a bigger juggernaught, but less Khorne and more old-school time-bending Realms of Chaos Biomechanical Sci-Magic.  Still need to add a rider just cause it would look cool.

slaughterbrute01.JPGslaughterbrute02.JPG