Black Sheep Brawl list musings

Don't forget that my army maxes out at Ld 8!  The trolls are a very fun unit to run and are more for that than effectiveness.  That said, they are dead 'ard and extremely dangerous to try to fight around which is half the fun of a chaos list.  I also view Bloodgreed as a boon about as often as a curse given how easy it is to bait a Ld 7 Frenzied unit.

Ehh, I've been running Slayers in my dwarf armies since I started them.  They're avoidable, sure, but they're also great at long bombing charges and counter charging monsters that get stuck into your lines.  The first time I put them into my list I thought I was just adding a very iconic unit to a fun list, but the more I've played with them the more I've realized how good Slayers are.  That is, as long as you fudge Deathblow into a usable rule.

ha thats what i did! i thought they would be fun to use for once and then they were a huge pleasant surprise :)  i almost always put vanguard on them and go for long charges.  those long charges with 30 slayers are game changing if you get them... and i started playing breakers and hams but found a bit too much frustration with them(especially hammerers) so i went slayers and found it to surprisingly to be a happy medium for what i wanted.  unbreakable infantry that always gets attacks back? yea thats pretty darn good... plus you can use the 'line' tactic to gain ground and tick off fast cav.  the new ungrim has a 2d6 s4 fireball and a breath weapon.  that sounds so fun to go along with that 100 pt banner limit.  he is quite expensive though.

• Like 1

think i got my brawl list together.  its not a mean nor soft list so i feel good about it.  but question for folks who have played me/played dwarfs with this: is two spellbreakers really obnoxious?  i really just started doing it since last ofcc mostly cause i was tired of getting 6 spelled to pieces, but since ive brought two really only miscasts of 6 spells get off the first 3 turns.  keep in mind the alternative of a spellbreaker frees up 80+ points so thats potentially another gyrocopter or more infantry and warmachines.  just curious for thoughts!  kremmet you seem to be pretty knowledgable with dwarfs so im curious what you think..

You can't steel my idea don't panic.  Ungrim and his slayers will be in my list, oh yes, they will be.

hey i didnt steal it lol ive been wanting to do an ungrim list for months! the new ungrim is just so baller.  want to settle this bugman style?  whoever falls off their barstool first........ just an fyi i never lose drinking contests ;)

but dont worry im not bringing ungrim to the brawl. im taking a tougher dwarf list for the brawl.  im pondering taking bugman to ofcc though.  got a silly 20 swedish list with him.