Black Sheep Brawl list musings

Gonna be trying to get a Legions of Chaos Khorne list together for the brawl and my list is currently hitting around a 17 in Swedish comp. I have a few ideas for tweaks, but nothing too game changing.

My current list has billy the bloodthirsty with exalted gift and lesser gift. Thinking about switching to four lesser gifts. Not sure though.

• Like 1

People say that they take 4 lesser in a lot of forums, but the book says that a single model can have no more than 2 of each type. 

Either way, consider going with 2 greater.  The bloodthirster already has insane damage output, and with greater gifts you are likely to make him a little more survivable.

• 2 weeks later...

Generic: -13
Master Rune of Grungi -5
Rune of Slowness -1
Rune of Spellbreaking -7

War Machine Points: 17 (-12)

Lords: 350 points (-10)
(-10) Ungrim Ironfist

Heroes: 195 points (-4 pts.)
(-3) Thane
    * Battle Standard Bearer
    * Great Weapon
    * Master Rune of Grungi
    * Strollaz' Rune

(-1) Runesmith
    * Great weapon (6 pts.)
    * Rune of Stone (5 pts.)
    * Rune of Spellbreaking (25 pts.)

(70 pts.) Master Engineer (70 pts.)
    * 1 War machine point

Core: 795 points (-33)
(-5) 10 Quarrellers
    * Musician
    * Standard bearer
    * Shields
    * Great weapons

(-28) 40 Longbeards
    * Full command
    * Great weapons
    * Rune of Slowness

Special: 890 points (-39)
(-7) 15 Miners
    * Standard bearer

(-16) 30 Slayers
    * Standard bearer
    * 2 Rune of Slowness
    * Strollaz' Rune

(-9) Cannon
    * Rune of Forging
    * 6 War machine points

(-7) Grudge Thrower
    * Rune of Accuracy
    * Rune of Forging
    * 4 War machine points

Rare: 165 points (-9)
(-9) Organ Gun
    * Rune of Penetrating
    * Rune of Burning
    * 6 War machine points

Total Points: 2395
Swedish Comp Score: 18 (-120)

I came up with a 17.1 with quick math.  But I believe the Swedish comp is pretty accurate.  This is a very kind Dwarf list.  No killer characters, no hammerers, only a single dispel scroll.  Looks like a fine list, but I wouldn't be very afraid of it at all.

I don't think it's something to be afraid of, it just seems like it should be around a 15.

also no copters is quite interesting.  ive never found my lists to work well without at least 2.  miners without the drill is also risky.  with a vanguard list it really helps to have the multiple threat be there when you need them for possible rear/flank charges.  its so annoying to not have them come for a few turns when you need them.  so im jealous you get to try ungrim out before me. gosh i forgot he's WS9!! :) i was also pondering that for brawl ha.  one thing i would think about changing is the 2 runes of slowness on the slayers.  i just think that its 'rare' when you actually have something charge slayers.  most people just avoid them if they can and they probably will moreso when you have a killy lord like ungrim which can murder guys(with KB to infantry and D3 wounds to monsters not many things want to touch him..). rune of battle would be a sneaky choice on them because ive found that slayers either win big, win or lose by a few.  static CR would be pretty great with them...  

but if anything you should do is throw a rune of stone on with those last 5 points on the engineer.  always a great last 5 point 'give away' i find.  fun build!

The BSB ET comp seems off to me with things like Blightkings and Glottkin being hit a little too hard while the mixed lists themselves suffer minor penalties at most. I know my LoC list scores a 14.8 with a not-so-soft list. That said, I think Swedish is pretty messed up in terms of competitve comp anyway and should be viewed more as a reason to put models rarely seen onto the table. This is my list so far (mostly stuff I painted up for the last Sparkle Party and things I want painted for the next one):

Doombull: Armour of Destiny; Arabyan Carpet; great weapon; Mark of Tzeentch 360

Sorceror Lord: Talisman of Preservation; Charmed Shield; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Metal; Mark of Tzeentch; Disc of Tzeentch 365

Exalted Hero: Talisman of Endurance; Enchanted Shield; Dragonbane Gem; Mark of Tzeentch; Daemonic Mount; Battle Standard Bearer 220

Gorebull: Blackened Plate; Gnarled Hide; shield; Mark of Tzeentch 209

Chaos Chariot 110

Chaos Chariot 110

28 Chaos Marauders: Mark of Tzeentch; shield; light armour; Marauder Chieftain; musician; standard bearer 310

5 Ungor Raiders: Mark of Slaanesh 35

5 Ungor Raiders: Mark of Slaanesh 35

Chimera: Regenerating Flesh 245

5 Chaos Trolls: additional hand weapons 190

Chaos Giant: Giant of Khorne 210

2,399 points

Looks good Kremmet.  Can't wait to see how the Doombull in the Troll unit fares.   Looks like it will be pretty sweet.

Doombull doesn't go with the the trolls, but the Gorebull does. The biggest problem with that unit is that they fail Stupidity more often than I would like to admit.

I ran a very similar list at SPDM 4 and it did very well. Granted I didn't run stinky Marauders there, but the Herdstone Horrors weren't very helpful beyond scaring my opponents so I'm not super worried.

• Like 1

Stupidity, bloodgreed, and not having a musician REALLY hurts the troll unit.  Still, it is a pain to deal with if you get stuck in combat against them.

Don't forget that my army maxes out at Ld 8!  The trolls are a very fun unit to run and are more for that than effectiveness.  That said, they are dead 'ard and extremely dangerous to try to fight around which is half the fun of a chaos list.  I also view Bloodgreed as a boon about as often as a curse given how easy it is to bait a Ld 7 Frenzied unit.

new ungrim incarnate of fire... i want to use him lol.  SLÀAÁYERS gonna slaaaaay!  seriously im pondering doing a massive unit of slayers... and watching everyone avoid them all game lol

Ehh, I've been running Slayers in my dwarf armies since I started them.  They're avoidable, sure, but they're also great at long bombing charges and counter charging monsters that get stuck into your lines.  The first time I put them into my list I thought I was just adding a very iconic unit to a fun list, but the more I've played with them the more I've realized how good Slayers are.  That is, as long as you fudge Deathblow into a usable rule.

• Like 1