End Times: The Humans One

So I've been just assuming that there will at some point be an End Times book for the race of mankind, combining at least Empire and Bretonnia books under a Legion style army, and adding some new special characters (including hopefully Giles!) etc etc.

But you know, I have no idea whether this is true.  Does anyone else know if there is info about what comes next in End Times after Thanquol?

So I've been just assuming that there will at some point be an End Times book for the race of mankind, combining at least Empire and Bretonnia books under a Legion style army, and adding some new special characters (including hopefully Giles!) etc etc.

But you know, I have no idea whether this is true.  Does anyone else know if there is info about what comes next in End Times after Thanquol?

A comet hits somewhere in the lands of The Empire, Sigmar is reborn, he seduces The Lady of The Lake, [receives a  2+ ward save, has WS10, T10 (all successful wounds must be re-rolled and they only wound on a 6), S10, W10, A6+3D6, ASF, LD10 (unbreakable and flaggelants are core in his army), no armour saves allowed, unsaved wounds are D6 wounds, and all attacks auto hit all DoC/WoC/BM], he pulls the hammer from the stone, Teclis bows before him, Ungrim apologizes for being late, they get a huge army summoned, kill a bunch of chaosy things, and in the distance they see Volkmar shaking hands with Fateweaver.....then, Karl Franz wakes up and says, "it was all a dream, I used to read Word Up magazine..."

Oh, and he's only 850 points to bring to the table and he's also immune to anything with "warp" (suck it skaven)!

• Like 3

As Iraf said, the rumour is Archaon's book comes next. A long with a new Thirster Kit and a new chaos dragon kit. The early rumour is that it's the last End Times book as well.

Also rumoured for models coming with this book is a dwarf Golem and a new Orc Boar Rider kit. Suggesting that even if Archy's the main show, lots of people will be getting into the act.

Grimgore also has been rumored to be one of the Incarnates. So one way or another he has a date with destiny.

But as far as we know there will be no ET book for the factions of order. We will just be getting the scraps from the factions of chaos books, like Karl Franz. The elves and the Undead had to get their own books becuase GW had to find a way to combined them some how.

The End Times obviously were meant as a way for GW to down size WHFB's armies and make it into a game played on a smaller scale. It was not written as an expansion or filler but an excuss they can point to when 9th hits with all its changes.

Honestly after all that has happened so far I hope Grimgore doesn't just headbutt Arboy into submission. This time he needs to take his head home to start a new sport using the head as the ball.

After this I don't think anyone is going to be asking for another book centered on Chaos for awhile.

Well then I'll just go with my OWN special character:

Gilles le Breton - 385pts

M8 WS8 BS6 S5 T4 W5 I7 A5 Ld10

Equipment: Lance, "Facehammerer", Blessed Shield, Armor of the Lake, Warhorse "Coal"

Icon of Virtue - Gilles is Immune to Terror, Fear and Panic, and grants this to any unit he joins.  All Gilles attacks count as magical.

Master of the Lance - Gilles re-rolls to hit and to wound when charging with a Lance

Skill at Combined Arms - Gilles uses his Lance when charging, and otherwise fights with his magical sword, "FaceHammerer"

Hero of Bretonnia - Gilles has an Inspiring Presence range of 18".  Gilles also allows all friendly units within 18" to re-roll all failed Ld tests.

Equipment:

Blessed Shield - Grants Gilles a 4+ Ward save, which improves to 3+ once he is reduced to 1 wound (ala Insignia of the Quest).

FaceHammerer - Gilles wields a magical blade which adds +1 Strength (for a total of 6), and opponents must re-roll successful armor saves against hits from FaceHammerer.  In addition, successful daemonic ward saves must be re-rolled against hits from FaceHammerer.

Armor of Lake - Heavy Armor, re-roll failed armor saves.  4+ AS (for a total of 1+ including Shield and Warhorse with Barding)

Coal - as a barded Bretonnia Warhorse, Coal also allows Gilles to ignore all dangerous terrain tests.

Lance - +2S on the charge

Sound good?  Sylvos can you approve this for OFCC 2015 and give me my Swedish comp score, please? :P

• Like 4