Pretre's 1850 Musings for DAG Tournament - March 7

pretre

I guess you never played Dawn of War 2, then. *rolleyes*

Nope, never did.  Also, I love older, established fluff, and wouldn't PERSONALLY play a list like that, but more to the point, I was LOLing at the crazy power combo.  I thought they were CtA allies?  Seems like a list like that is case in point in not allowing CtA (my opinion).  

Much like Burk, I don't mind people taking the rules to their absolute limit as long as everyone knows what they're getting into.  

• Like 1

They are CtA allies, yes. But banning CtA doesn't really have a stronger rationale than banning anything else, nor does it meaningfully influence the power level of the game.

I'm not sure I agree, but, then again, I'm not winning tournaments like it's going out of style. 

But, seriously, go write up an LVO battle report. 

Nice reps. I think I'd have issues with not knowing sisters as well.

Any changes to the list in hind sight?

Grats to AP too ;p

As much as I love my stormwolves, I hate having stuff in reserve. They still did great work and only lost two hull points in all the games.

The blob was pretty okay. Doms and exos did great work.

If I was going to change anything, it'd be a different list though. :)

The Doms, Exos, and Stormwolves all together definitely leave a lot of stuff sitting off-board when going second- that was my main advantage against you, since you basically were just two Exorcists and the blob on the table turn 1. I was free to direct almost 1700pts worth of shooty at the blob and then wait for your other reserves to come in piece-by-piece in different locations while I racked up Maelstrom points.

Yeah, if stormwolves could start on the board they'd be perfect.

I think I'm largely going to go back to my old flyer strategy. Mostly ignore them and focus on everything else.

You COULD start them on the board with a skyshield landing pad.  Though, I'm not sure you'd want to...