Exorcist

Exorcist

Allied

Wolf Lord with SS/Black Death/TWM

5 BC with Stormwolf

Drop Pod

Iron Priest with TWM

So 17 BSS, + Uriah + Priest + Wolf Lord + Iron Priest in blob

BSS and 2 Doms in Repressors, with 2 Exorcists (so 5 AV13 on table)

1 Pod with Rets and 1 SW with BC in reserve.

Obsec blob, obsec Repressor with BSS and Obsec SW with BC.

I will probably lay out this one today on the display board and see how it looks.

I am curious on people's thoughts on whether the Servitor thing is abusive and uncool though.

I will probably lay out this one today on the display board and see how it looks.

I am curious on people's thoughts on whether the Servitor thing is abusive and uncool though.

I kinda feel like there should be a way to take a second Stormwolf in there over the Iron Priest, although I guess he's not a bad addition.

Hmm. Run CotGW, drop the Iron Priest and the Blood Claws, two naked Servitors to fill requirements, a TWC unit and two empty Stormwolves... you might have to drop the Priest with Litanies as well to make it fit, but it's possible. Ret unit could go inside a Stormwolf or could get swapped out for something else there, I guess.

I kinda feel like there should be a way to take a second Stormwolf in there over the Iron Priest, although I guess he's not a bad addition.

Hmm. Run CotGW, drop the Iron Priest and the Blood Claws, two naked Servitors to fill requirements, a TWC unit and two empty Stormwolves... you might have to drop the Priest with Litanies as well to make it fit, but it's possible. Ret unit could go inside a Stormwolf or could get swapped out for something else there, I guess.

That's this one, except it has a Blob instead of a TWC unit. I wouldn't want to put a Ret in a Stormwolf because I'd have to drop into Hover to let them do anything.

Also, bonus points for dirty looks:

Uriah

Priest with Litanies

15 BSS with 2 flamers

5 BSS

5 Doms with 4 melta in Repressor

5 Rets with 4 Heavy Flamers

Exorcist

Exorcist

CotGW

Wolf Lord with SS/Krakenbone/TWM

Stormwolf with TL-MM

Stormwolf with TL-MM

Drop Pod

Servitor

Servitor

I actually like how this one looks on the board:

Uriah

Priest with Litanies

15 BSS with 2 flamers

5 BSS

5 Rets with 4 Heavy Flamers

Exorcist

Exorcist

CotGW

Wolf Lord with SS/Krakenbone/TWM

Stormwolf with TL-MM

Stormwolf with TL-MM

Drop Pod

Servitor

Servitor

Yeah, that feels pretty solid. It's still gonna have the usual SoB problems, but you are at least bringing some significant melee support and AA to the table, which help a lot.

I'm still not a fan of the Krakenbone Sword, tho. I'd go with Morkai's Claws for the extra attacks and Shred or PFist + Felclaw's Teeth for raw hitting power. Keep in mind that, as it stands, your list has no way of dealing with a Knight that assaults the blob- you'll just get ground down to nothing and/or Swept once the characters are dead. I would, at the very least, try to find 5pts for Meltabombs in there.

Yeah, that feels pretty solid. It's still gonna have the usual SoB problems, but you are at least bringing some significant melee support and AA to the table, which help a lot.

I'm still not a fan of the Krakenbone Sword, tho. I'd go with Morkai's Claws for the extra attacks and Shred or PFist + Felclaw's Teeth for raw hitting power. Keep in mind that, as it stands, your list has no way of dealing with a Knight that assaults the blob- you'll just get ground down to nothing and/or Swept once the characters are dead. I would, at the very least, try to find 5pts for Meltabombs in there.

I have a couple points to shuffle things around, so I can throw MB at the squad and/or swap out some wargear on the Lord.

St Celestine is also an even swap for the 20 extra points, Uriah and the Litanies (since you don't need them if she's around). That gives hit and run and another 'reach out and touch them' character. 

Okay, re: tinkering.

CAD

Uriah

Priest with litanies

15 BSS with Flamer x2 and MB

5 BSS

4 Doms with 4 Melta and Repressor

5 Rets with 4 HF

Exorcist

Exorcist

CotGW

Wolf Lord with Morkai's Claws, Runic and TWM

Stormwolf with TL-MM

Stormwolf with TL-MM

Drop Pod

Servitor

Servitor

The sucky part is that I would have to paint a whole new wolf lord because Krakenbeard is only magnetized to swap his right arm. The left arm is shield and holding the chain, so not really an option to swap/magnetize.

I can still ditch Runic, Litanies and Uriah to swap for Celestine too. That gives me an annoying ability to ignore Slay the Warlord, hit and run and another 2+ save. Uriah gives me another source of hatred and hymns, 5++ for the SOB in the unit, along with another faith act if the Lord isn't part of the squad.

Examples:

CAD
Uriah
Priest with Litanies of Faith
17 BSS with Flamer x2 and MB
5 BSS
5 Rets with 4 HF
Exorcist
Exorcist

CotGW
Wolf Lord with Power Fist and SS and TWM
Stormwolf with TL-MM
Stormwolf with TL-MM
Drop Pod
Servitor
Servitor

CAD
St. Celestine
Priest 
15 BSS with Flamer x2 and MB
5 BSS
5 Rets with 4 HF
Exorcist
Exorcist

CotGW
Wolf Lord with TH and SS and TWM
Stormwolf with TL-MM
Stormwolf with TL-MM
Drop Pod
Servitor
Servitor

Current front runner:

Uriah

Priest with Litanies and MB

15 BSS with Flamer/Flamer/MB

5 BSS

5 Doms with 4 Melta in Repressor (Laud Hailer)

5 Doms with 4 Melta in Repressor

5 Rets with 4 HF, Veteran Superior (for LD9)

Exorcist

Exorcist

Wolf Lord, PF/SS on TWM

Stormwolf with TL-MM
Stormwolf with TL-MM

Servitor

Servitor

Drop Pod

Celestine version is the same but without the Litanies, Laud Hailer or Ret Sup. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so quick question. What do people think about swapping the Wolf Lord for a WGBL? I lose 1WS, 1W, 1A, 1L. I get PE (Characters) for Challenges.

It saves me 55 points and lets me swap out some stuff. Changes underlined. Keeps two priests with Litanies and gets me Celestine.

Celestine Uriah

Priest with MB (Litanies)

Priest with MB

15 BSS with Flamer x2/MB

5 BSS

5 Doms with 4 Meltas in Repressor (Laud Hailer)

5 Doms with 4 Meltas in Repressor

5 Rets with 4 HF (Vet)

Exorcist

Exorcist

WGBL (Wolf Lord) with PF/SS, TWM

Stormwolf with TL-MM

Stormwolf with TL-MM

Servitor

Servitor

Drop Pod

I've found losing that fourth Wound really makes the WGBL sketchier over the course of the Game. On the other hand, if he's going to be re-rolling Saves, that changes the equation up in his favour again. The other stat changes haven't made a huge difference in my Games, so I'd really look at what you're expecting from him from a survivability standpoint most closely while evaluating the swap.

Still mulling it over though...

What the thinking behind the 2 servitors?
Cheap, stand here and score the home-base bodies?

Minimum requirements for CotGW. One will be in a stormwolf, one in reserve or hidden somewhere to avoid first blood.\

I've also been thinking of trying to get the 5 BSS squad a Multi-Melta. Then I can put both Servs in the Stormwolves potentially and put the 5BSS in a ruin or something.

So you have two squishy machine dudes that are vital to the army but relatively worthless in a fight, correct? If you don't model them up as the servitor versions of C-threepio and R2-D2 I'll be highly disappointed in you.

;)

lol that would be hilarious and I wish I had thought of that previously.

• Like 1