beware the warhamsters of March games 3.3.15

sergentzimm

BLOOD!!!!! Miles and I are playing Bloodbowl. We are having a long-awaited Elf-on-Elf all-Shadowforge Miniatures Bloodbowl game, The Woodland Animals vs ...some nameless something Elf scrubs. I'll also bring Saga, with hopes toward a second-half beat-down, possibly of a Pagan Rus variety. Or Cocaine Comboys. Or trying to rope folks into BattleWarFight! (or whatever my godsdamned generic wargame boardgame needs to be called). A name! My kingdom for a name! 

• Like 2

What's your game about?

Oh! name ideas! Imagine a wargame boiled down to Eurogame simplicity and (hopefully) elegance. Object is to capture the opponents Tower, or to control the most control points at game end. It's a tile-laying game where the battlefield develops as you play tiles, which also generate the troops used in the game. basic infantry/cavalry/missle troops at this point, with combat won by either blind bidding or positioning. Originally (like 10 years ago) I called it War of the Roses because it was a two player conflict that I imagined using red and white pieces. Now, that name is taken, and potential expansions could use stuff like Vikings and Mining. As such, York vs. Lancaster may not cover it.

• Like 1

BLOOD!!!!! Miles and I are playing Bloodbowl. We are having a long-awaited Elf-on-Elf all-Shadowforge Miniatures Bloodbowl game, The Woodland Animals vs ...some nameless something Elf scrubs. I'll also bring Saga, with hopes toward a second-half beat-down, possibly of a Pagan Rus variety. Or Cocaine Comboys. Or trying to rope folks into BattleWarFight! (or whatever my godsdamned generic wargame boardgame needs to be called). A name! My kingdom for a name! 

Doh!  That's what I'm supposed to be doing tonight, reading the damn rules.