OFCC Logistics

So, I figured we may get a thread going. When and how are you getting there, and where and with whom are you staying?

Driving - I'm likely heading down early Friday morning, with an eye toward getting there early afternoon. I'll be taking the van, so I've got space for a few souls and armies. Brad was planning on heading down with me then, and I'll have room for 3 more with gear comfortable, 4 more if needed.

Lodging - someone's going to have to get another room reserved. I've got one reserved, but last Tuesday at NYP it seemed like there were 7 or so folks who were going to stay there. 8 to a room intended for 4 is not going to be good for anyone. First dibs on my room goes to me current and former teammates, but more than 4 or 5 is a no-go. Brad had claimed a spot. The rest is open until claimed. But it's unavoidable that we're going to need more rooms. They should likely be reserved quickly.

• Like 1

I'm also planning to go down as a cheerleader and whatever else. I'd really like to get in on a cheap room as well, but don't want to push out any of the people that are actually playing so I guess we'll see what happens. It seems like with Jim + Kevin + Sherbert + Grayson + Brad the main room will be full? I guess worst case my mom lives about 2 1/2 miles from the venue. Joey, want to have free/cab fare priced accommodations there? Sherbert/Kevin/Grayson, this invite would be open to you guys too if you wanted. There are extra beds and couches galore.

OK, so van = Jim + Kevin + Shae + Brad (+ Sherbert's army there and Sherbert on the way back). Room for another is absolutely necessary.

Hotel = Jim + Brad + Sherbert + Shae (maybe room for one more tops)

Kacy has offered his mother up for super-cheap accommodations (that sounds worse than I intended it). Joey, sounds like you'd prefer that?

So if that's the case, I reckon we might not need another hotel room.

DAMNIT! Comp is updated, and now my army is a 9 or 8.8, and not a 10 or 9. 

I am a decent little spoon, and an excellent big spoon. I can also pay cash for the hotel any time. Consider that my application for the last spot in the hotel room.

Sold! To the skinny little Abe Lincoln. If Grayson ends up needing a place other than Kacy's mom, we'll be back in the realm of probably needing another room (and trying to pull Joey and Kacy away from Kacy's mom to help defray the costs).

They haven't posted in this thread yet, but I confirmed with Joey and Grayson last night that they're good staying at my mom's place. I still have to tell my mom that a bunch of drunk nerds will be invading her home, but I'm 100% sure it'll be fine so I think we're golden on accommodations. I think the only thing you bums have to figure out now is your lists.

Hey Kevin, Shae, and Brad.

What time do you want to leave on Friday? Infinity starts at noon, not sure what time those other things start. I'm totally fine if we don't get there in time for infinity, but if we did, we'd need to leave at like 5 am to be certain of getting down there in time. Which I'm fine with, but we should just be clear.

Plan on leaving from my place? We've got room on property and nearby for safe (Fairhaven /South Hill) parking. I can pick up/drop off if need be, but minimizing that (particularly if we're planning a 5 am road time) would be rad.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.