Help on Tyranid Army set up for sale

splinx

Hi Guys

I recently acquired a huge amount of plastic new sculpt Nids and wondered if it would be better building 2 or 3 smaller 1000pt armies to sell of or one large lump of 3k+ models painted. 

In the past i have struggled to sell fully painted late armies and am thinking of making smaller playable armies that maybe a bit more cost effective and easier to sell. With this in mind is there 3 army set ups that would sell and be attractive? 

The lot i picked up consists of

30-50 T-gaunts

30-50 H-gaunts

20+ Genestealers

1 broodlord

2 Tryranafex / the other version

6+ Warriors

3 Zoanthropes

3 Ravenors

20+ Gargoyles

2 hive tyrants

3 hive guard / tyrant guard

6+ bases of the little ankle biter things that I can't think of their name right now.

2/3 carnifexes

Any help on forming this lot into two or 3 playable armies so I can then paint them and then sell them successfully would be awesome. 

Thanks in advance guys. 

Sam

• Like 1

If you wanted to do the full sale (rather than pieces as people suggest):

I'd probably suggest the 2 1k list route. You're missing Venomthropes, Tyrannocites, Carnifexes... stuff that are fairly important in 2k games. 1k would offer more forgiveness for people in terms of what to bring and how to do things.

You only have 2 HQ unless you can convert one of the warriors to a Prime (doesn't take much really) so 2 would be the limit.

A list consiting of a flyrant, tyrannofex, 1-2 zoanthropes, 10 man genestealer, 25 man horm, 25 man term, then a unit of gargoyles or raveners.

You've got a few points left over you can play around with the broodlord, upgrades, raveners. Doesn't make use of the warriors or hive guard though. But you can possibly bump one up to 1500 and add those with some upgrades on other units.

Also not sure how stuff is assembled. That 1k list though offers a spread of stuff for people starting out. And in all reality isn't a horrible 1k list for newbies.

Thanks for the input man much appreciated. I do actually have 3 carnifexes as well of which i forgot about. Would you put all three with one army or split and put 2 in one and the single in another?

So 2 lists with flyrant, tyrannofex, 1-2 zoanthropes, 10 man genestealer, 25 man horm, 25 man term, then a unit of gargoyles or raveners.

Then maybe sell the other lots off as individual units maybe? Thanks again for the help in composing these. 

Sam

I don't know if i would class my painting as superb but i have managed to get a decent return on it previously. Any ideas on the army setups Eben?

Sam is a good painter. Above tabletop with no problems. His Ork Gorka and Morkanaught look fantastic. I would buy his paintjobs in a heartbeat. You paint em up and you'll have no problem getting cash money for them.
  • Like 1

Thanks chappy! Most appreciated. And thanks for the input guys. The fex's seem to have the twin sets of guns on them at the moment but I have got the bits to change them if needed?

I believe the hive guys are hive guard and built that way. But again I have got the bits to change them up if need be.