What type of D are you packing?

intrizic

Oh, not on the suggestion list, but if you want to balance D with normal 40k weapons, I'd change the table like this:

1: nothing

2-5: d3 wounds/HP to the model

6: d6 wounds/HP to the model, no saves.

Still very dangerous, but more in line with what other in-game weapons are capable of. Also dramatically increases odds that high HP/wound targets will survive a shot. Means that 1-shot kills on knights and big MCs requires luck, not just having a D weapon.

Destroyer weapon rule itself, remains unchanged, but the table is altered.

52283121.jpg

Like was said earlier, for my meta, the jump from 10 doesn't have much impact, let alone the delivery methods brought to the field.  I don't see Eldar Superheavies, so a lot of the nationwide debate has had little to no effect on me.  I also haven't played in a tourny in 5 years or more.  I have always been a fan of bring it all and 7th edition has been exciting for me.  

Like was said earlier, for my meta, the jump from 10 doesn't have much impact, let alone the delivery methods brought to the field.  I don't see Eldar Superheavies, so a lot of the nationwide debate has had little to no effect on me.  I also haven't played in a tourny in 5 years or more.  I have always been a fan of bring it all and 7th edition has been exciting for me.  

If you don't play in tourneys and only play in home games/friendly games, then pretty much any debate over balance is not for you. :)

• Like 3

Biggest change since prior version of apocalypse, is that D melee weapons on super heavies used to be only able to hit other super heavies. Stomp used to be the only attack that could hit non-super heavies. Which is why there weren't many melee super heavies until the more recent incarnation of apocalypse.

Amusing: 5 solutions, but at no point does the article even consider just allowing ranged D into the game.

Aside from the paragraph that specifically talks about why it needs to be changed and what the presumed result is if it's not, you mean?

But hey, pax, if you wanna play against my Eldar RAW at tourneys, I'm happy to allow that. It just makes games a lot easier for me, that's all.

• Like 3

Aside from the paragraph that specifically talks about why it needs to be changed and what the presumed result is if it's not, you mean?

I did read that. Still, was surprised that it wasn't even listed as an option, to just leave it alone. You even got a few comments in the thread with regards to banning/alterning aspects of books not even released.

But hey, pax, if you wanna play against my Eldar RAW at tourneys, I'm happy to allow that. It just makes games a lot easier for me, that's all.

Haven't seen the full new book yet, but if you want to play a friendly game with full RAW, that could be fun. Have to get pretre to watch, just to make sure we don't accidentally forget any steps.

You like it when I watch?

You were the one that didn't think that forgetting rules would qualify as following the BRB with full RAW. Seems like you'd need to be present, just to ensure that we didn't forget anything.

Besides, a game with the three main rules lawyers on the ordo site..... :biggrin: