2k Eldar List

fluger

Ok, now that I've gotten a copy of the dex, I have a better grasp on what I can field with (mostly) the models I own. 

This isn't some meta-shattering list here, but just the best I can muster with the models I own.  I'm looking for ways to optimize what I have here, so any simple list-critiques and maybe a few purchase suggestions wouldn't be too far afield.  I highlighted the models I don't own yet.

Craftworld Warhost:

Guardian Host:  

Farseer:  120
  Singing Spear, Spirit Stone

10 Guardian Defenders:  90 + 135
  Bright Lance
  Wave Serpent:  
    TL Bright Lances, Shuricannon, Ghostwalk
    Matrix

Bright Lance
  Wave Serpent:  
    Matrix

Bright Lance
  Wave Serpent:  
    Matrix

2x Vypers:  100
  2x Dual Shuricannon

3 War Walkers:  210
  3x Dual Starcannons

3 D-Cannons:  165

Aspect Host:

9 Striking Scorpions:  183
  Exarch:  Scorpion's Claw

6 Swooping Hawks:  116
  Exarch:  Hawk's Talon

6 Swooping Hawks:  116
  Exarch:  Hawk's Talon

Dire Avenger Shrine:  

8 Dire Avengers:  104

I feel like my big concern will be fliers, as I don't really have any good solutions for those.  I see the Eldar ML now come stock with their version of flakk missiles.  But S7 ap4 is kinda pointless if we're being honest, but I guess it's better than nothing?  Perhaps I could shift the wave serpents to the dire avengers, and switch out the brightlances on the guardians to EMLs?  

Anyway, would love some ideas for altering things. 

• Like 1

Assuming they are alive and able to do the move, they should be effective at it.  Each model gets an attack hitting on a 4+ with haywire.  That's GREAT for dealing with flying vehicles.  However, FMCs are a whole 'nother ballgame and you really need AP3 to have a decent chance against them. 

• Like 1

Eml are just fine for anti air but don't doubt anything that would have to snap fire at fliers anyways. Having played against a couple lists from the Eldar codex I know that even anti air snap firing is just as scary to me. I fear the mid strength weapons just as much as the high strength weapons. And swooping hawks should be able to get the job done too and warp Spyders as well.

• Like 1

Assuming they are alive and able to do the move, they should be effective at it.  Each model gets an attack hitting on a 4+ with haywire.  That's GREAT for dealing with flying vehicles.  However, FMCs are a whole 'nother ballgame and you really need AP3 to have a decent chance against them. 

I would hold off on the "GREAT", part for now.  I think you can make them GREAT at vehicle flyers, but you've got to be able to reach the flyers and pass them on your turn to utilize this great tool.  While moving 18" really does help that cause... but SAF at that unit will help to really reduce the threat the unit posses.  Translation, in many games against vehicle flyers, they will probably be very dependent on cover/LOS blockage with respect to this particular task.

• Like 1

Having taken some time to think about this...

Try the scatter lasers on the defender guardians (not sure about the count).  You've got a lot of actual high str AP 2, and potential AP 2 wounds via blade storm, but outside of the vipers, the list is lacking high volume mid strength shooting...

Also, I think with the vipers... drop one and let try and make the 50 pts do something more.

• Like 1

I see the Eldar ML now come stock with their version of flakk missiles.  But S7 ap4 is kinda pointless if we're being honest, but I guess it's better than nothing?  Perhaps I could shift the wave serpents to the dire avengers, and switch out the brightlances on the guardians to EMLs?  

Wait on top of everything Eldar dont have to pay to buy flakk missiles either? 

I think your list will do well at OFCC, most likely a 1, could be a 2 if people are still scared silly of those three D weapons you have. 

• Like 2

For the Aspect Host you pick either +1 WS or BS.  You have both WS and BS troops in it, so not optimal bonus there.  Probably the +1 BS as you have 2 SwoopingHawks.

Where is the Farseer going?  I'm guessing a DA unit, but let me know.

Farseer goes in the D cannon unit.  It's a trick I picked up from Lord Hanaur and I love it.  Gives him a safe place to hide as the T7 3+ save artillery is tough to remove for most things.  I'm actually noodling figuring out how to add a warlock into the unit so I can get conceal as well to potentially get shrouded as well.

As for the Aspect Host, it certainly isn't ideal, but my issue is that I WANT striking scorpions (and own them), but I don't like the other melee-oriented aspects (Howling Banshees and Shining Spears).  To get Scorps in the list, I have include the aspect host, so...  That being said, the +1 to WS on the Hawks might not be terrible as they would be a more reliable threat against Knights with their haywire grenades as they'd hit on 3s instead of 4s.  A full unit of 6 should average just north of 3HPs at I6/5.  That being said, the BS bonus on them would probably be better more often than not. 

• Like 1

I would hold off on the "GREAT", part for now.  I think you can make them GREAT at vehicle flyers, but you've got to be able to reach the flyers and pass them on your turn to utilize this great tool.  While moving 18" really does help that cause... but SAF at that unit will help to really reduce the threat the unit posses.  Translation, in many games against vehicle flyers, they will probably be very dependent on cover/LOS blockage with respect to this particular task.

That's why the first sentence says "if they...are able to do the move"

Having taken some time to think about this...

Try the scatter lasers on the defender guardians (not sure about the count).  You've got a lot of actual high str AP 2, and potential AP 2 wounds via blade storm, but outside of the vipers, the list is lacking high volume mid strength shooting...

Also, I think with the vipers... drop one and let try and make the 50 pts do something more.

What are you not sure about?  Remember that in the Guardian Host, Guardians get their gun platforms for free.  I'm actually leaning towards EML on those guys for that reason as its the best "value" when I get it for free.  Doesn't really change the issues you're talking about though.  Hmmmm...

As far as the Vypers.  Initially I had only 1, but then added it because I was low on points.  Honestly, not HAVING to buy another model would be nice, so that 50 pts is totally up for grabs if you can think of a better use for it. 

Eml are just fine for anti air but don't doubt anything that would have to snap fire at fliers anyways. Having played against a couple lists from the Eldar codex I know that even anti air snap firing is just as scary to me. I fear the mid strength weapons just as much as the high strength weapons. And swooping hawks should be able to get the job done too and warp Spyders as well.

I feel like a lack of warp spiders might be a problem.  As crono pointed out, I really lack mid-strength high volume shooting.