Oath of blood - new campaign - khorne vs ultras

pretre

....ugg Got some pictures from the new Campaign that was released at warhammer world.

Don't think I'm allowed To post the scans I have But I have seen 4 new Khorne formations. I will describe them in a more general form.

Formation 1:

1 Unit of Berzekers

1 Chaos Kharybdis Claw

If the Claw deepstrikes onto a vehicle/building deal 1 STR D AP 1 hit to the vehicle/building. Then place the claw as close as possible it is immobilized. The bloodthristers can assault the turn they disembark.

Formation 2:

8 units of of bloodletters

2 units of Bloodcrushers

2 Skull Cannons

All units start in ds reserve and have rage. they come in on a single reserve roll. If a unit is wiped out basicly put it back in DS reserve to redeployed.

Formation 3:

1 Greater brass scorpion

Then 8 units (Can be mixed of Defilers, Hell Drakes, Maulerfiends, forgefiends, Soul Grinder, Blood Slaughterer, or Chaos Decimator Deamon Engine.)

All get rage and Deamon of Khorne. If the GBS makes a successful charge the rest can re-roll charges. Every time a model is destroyed it the rest gain an Additional attack)

Formation 4:

1 The Unbound

3 Bloodthirsters (Any of the 3 variants)

Rampage, FNP, As long as within 18 in of Unbound Adamtium will, Counter attack and extra attack. Failed Fear checks by opponents deal 1 wound by every point failed.

Have fun with this.

• Like 2

One of the Ultramarines formations (per BOLS with leaked images) is "The Spear of Sicarius":

Cato Sicarius

Chaplain

Command Squad

2 Dreadnoughts

6 Tactical Squads

2 Assault Squads

2 Devastator Squads

Each squad must have 10 models (except the Command Squad) and must take a Drop Pod as a dedicated transport. The entire formation arrives from reserve on turn 1, and each unit disembarking may either fire twice (at different targets) or assault that turn.

Pretty cool stuff. If only this formation would fit in a 2,000 point army!

• Like 1

Yeah, I was really relieved when I saw that one wouldn't fit in 2K (A full Company on foot with a cheap HQ barely does), because that means I'll never have to deal with it :D

I like the theory that they are doing away with Apoc Specific Formations and are just creating Formations (with the idea that apoc ones are just freakin' huge).

• Like 2

I like the theory that they are doing away with Apoc Specific Formations and are just creating Formations (with the idea that apoc ones are just freakin' huge).

I do not like that at all, Imperial Guard can field those huge formations at under 2000! 10 Lemun Ruses with bonuses? Yes please

10 heavy weapon teams that get twin linking against 3 units a turn? 

I do not like that at all, Imperial Guard can field those huge formations at under 2000! 10 Lemun Ruses with bonuses? Yes please

10 heavy weapon teams that get twin linking against 3 units a turn? 

I'm thinking this is a going forward thing. Otherwise a bunch of apoc formations would suddenly be legal. 

(I would love to get access to the SOB formations.)

• 3 weeks later...

This could be the feasibility that 40k is up scaling because if that is a formation intended for normal 40k and the minimum point value is 2550, then maybe GW intends for the game to be played at 3k. 

Honestly, it already is. 3k in the time of 2k if we start using movement trays