Abusing the Battle Company

Interceptor is a weapon ability, although Tau have an upgrade that gives it to all weapons on a particular model. However, outside of the Tau codex it is EXTREMELY rare- there are maybe half a dozen examples of it in the entire game, and the majority of them are also Skyfire and thus bad at shooting ground targets.

It was common enough during 6th. The nerf to interceptor in 7th was a big change, but with mainstream FW access, interceptor is getting more common. Those SM command tanks are able to give interceptor to anything SM, plus the new SM hunter and stalker are leaked having that rule.

And while skyfire+interceptor is highly impractical, it remains a viable option to hinder pod armies. A personal favorite is when the pod/DS unit takes enough losses to fail a morale check in that movement phase and retreats out of range.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

It's just the last time I seriously tried a turn 1 DS list, I got stuck against TAU with those S8 ap2 large blast interceptor shots. Not exactly the most encouraging thing when testing a new list concept.

It's not that scary anymore. Because for every three pods were the Marines I drop down in your face that's one of your strength eight AP 2 intercepts you can throw down on me. The point is Marines now play like a horde list; stubborn amount of obj sec to remove.

There is barely enough intercept to worry about as abuse points out. Most of it is slow and can be dealt with in a few turns. As drop pods continue to rain for a few more turns those last pods should almost be intercept free. I don't think they are relevant enough to fear, though due to changes we might see more of them.

• Like 1