AUGUST 15 40K TOURNAMENT TACOMA WA

Lord Hanaur

Is the event using ITC rules changes (like 2+ rerollable nerf, Invisibility, and ranged Str D)?

We usually go over any rules questions like that the day of the tournament so that the posting doesn't get a mile longer than the mile it usually is.  But since you bring that one up:

I don't utilize the ITC FAQ but in the past, when asked, the players have always voted yes to go with that a 2+ rerollable as a 2+/4+ and the invisibility change is happening also.  Good question to ask.  So if your army or your opponents army actually uses 2+ re-rollable saves, or Invisibility, take note of those two things.  We usually cover that pregame and I've never really gotten push back of significance.

As for D-Weapons, they are treated as normal.

• 2 weeks later...

I have played at a few tournament he has ran. The low is allowed if it is in your codex for the most part. The last tournament at OCC all the ITC was allowed.

As for d weapon treated at normal. That is normal covered at the tournament to see what is preferred by the attendees. It hasn't been a problem from what I have seen..

With a new store and stuff it should be fun I am looking forward to going to this place. I play Tyranids so it is not a big issue.

The ITC FAQ is ok but they have some big head scratching rules as well.

Was wondering if if we where going to use the new format for army list they just did last week??

They are allowing double cad? was wondering if you where going to allow it at this tournament?

Also Can my tyranid spore pods use the raw rules?? Since they changed that rule back to the raw rules.

I like to see if it would make a big change in the effectiveness of the unit.

EDIT:

All the rules for army list construction are as you see them.  Three detachments are allowed.  At least one MUST be a CAD.  All Detachments counted separately regardless of circumstance.

So for example a Space Wolf player could not include a Knight because it is not its codex and not a direct supplement.  He could take three CADS if he truly wanted to, although given the missions, I might not advise that path.  =)

Yup.  I am preparing for three different tournaments.  Sorry about that.  =)  

1850 Point Battle Forged Warhammer 40,000 Lists
You may bring a Battle Forged army with Two Detachments of any kind, or up to Three Detachments as long as one of the Detachments is a Combined Arms Detachment. This limit even applies even to Detachments placed within a Decurion or Gladius types of Formations. Keep in mind that Allied Detachments cannot be from the same Faction, as defined on page 126. All units must be clearly marked on your army list under the Detachment they belong to and you must give a copy of your list to your opponent.

All of this is subject to the rules below.

1. We are not using Stronghold Assault rules, nor Escalation rules for this particular event except as follows. No fortifications can be used except the following: Aegis Defense Line (may upgrade with Gun or relay), the Imperial Bastion( may be upgraded to include a gun or Relay) and the Vengeance Weapons Battery (AA option allowed).

1A:  You can bring 0-1 Super Heavy/Gargantuan models

2. You can utilize any official Codex and/or Codex Supplement that you can provide rules for to your opponent before, during, and after the game, subject to those restrictions detailed here. If you do not own the rules, you cannot use them.

3. Forge World RULES will not be used. Forge World Models can be used as appropriate proxies so long as they require no extensive explanation to your opponent and are more or less the correct dimensions.

REMNDER:  Tournament is aturday.  Car pool are recommended!  I will be putting out some advice on parking once I receive it.  There is a kind of park and ride you can use if you're so inclined.  the transit drops you literally at the game stores door step pretty much so if you are looking to carpool (again: recommended) you may wish to take advantage of it.  info should be forthcoming soon.  You'll know when I know.  

=)

PARKING ADVICE:
The best options for parking are these,

option 1: Street parking is 2 dollars for all day and fairly plentiful on a Saturday morning

option 2: There is a free parking garage next to the Freighthouse Square (430 E 25th St, Tacoma, Washington 98421) and the light rail picks up there. Our shop is at the last stop on the other end (about a 12 min ride)

PARKING ADVICE:

The best options for parking are these,

option 1: Street parking is 2 dollars for all day and fairly plentiful on a Saturday morning

option 2: There is a free parking garage next to the Freighthouse Square (430 E 25th St, Tacoma, Washington 98421) and the light rail picks up there. Our shop is at the last stop on the other end (about a 12 min ride)