Ok I'm convinced about KoW.

Steel Angel

Ok I know I want to play this game now. I have chosen what army I want. I even picked the color theme.

Which one of you fine people will be starting a group? what day? where? when?

plus what will be the most common value of pts to play with? In 40k it's 1850-2000, so what will it be like in KoW?

• Like 1

Monster infantry is pretty nice in this game. Typically mobile, good overall stats. Plus, regiment size is only 6 models so that gives lots of benefits for such a small footprint. Werewolves are the bomb. However, don't discount the amazing flexibility of shambling units. They can be surprisingly mobile with the right caster support.

I'm already thinking of how my peasant horde can translate... upon looking at it, one thing is clear: I need more Men at Arms and Bowmen for a 2k point KoW army!!  100 of each just isn't going to cut it :)

BroG, are the Horde formation units at 200x80 unwieldy in practice?  I'd love to plop down 3 Hordes of Men at Arms, and 3 Hordes of Archers!

So many undead players! I may need to build my Basileans/Kingdoms of Men Crusaders after all, just for some variety.

I'm already thinking of how my peasant horde can translate... upon looking at it, one thing is clear: I need more Men at Arms and Bowmen for a 2k point KoW army!!  100 of each just isn't going to cut it :)

BroG, are the Horde formation units at 200x80 unwieldy in practice?  I'd love to plop down 3 Hordes of Men at Arms, and 3 Hordes of Archers!

Yep, they're a bit unwieldy. That's part of the drawback with 'em.

So many undead players! I may need to build my Basileans/Kingdoms of Men Crusaders after all, just for some variety.

Yep, they're a bit unwieldy. That's part of the drawback with 'em.

My Brets are translating as a KoM Crusaders army, too (here's their MAA look):

finished man-at-arms

I guess I mean, are they markedly more or less unwieldy than they are in WFB?  Do KoW tables typically have similar terrain to a WFB table (say at OFCC)?  It seems to me that the pivoting movement mechanic, and the allowance for intermingling with friendlies mid-move, would make them less of a PITA than they are in WFB 8th :)  
  • Like 1

The biggest issue is that in bigger games, your horde units start to block others simply because they are so long and most units can't clear them on a move through. In KoW, friendlies can move through each other, except on the charge...so that helps. I've run a horde a few times with zombies...but they got beat down pretty quick. It all comes down to who gets that first charge off.

I've been beating myself up for not getting the ogre army during the kickstarter...but this latest pic is making me feel better about my abyssal choice:

bf94c50b8060584baa521528335750f5_origina