My favorite movie remake possible?

VonVilkee

I have such high hopes for this! My only worry is they'll get the tone wrong. My personal favorite aspect of the original is how Jack Burton isn't really the hero. He thinks he's the hero, he acts like he's the hero and it's filmed like he's the hero but he's really the side kick. Such a brilliant choice and Kurt Russell really leaned into it. If Dwayne Johnson can capture that same feeling I'll be so happy.

Either way, a world with more Big Trouble is a better world;)

• Like 2

Nothing is sacred at this point as they rape the properties of my childhood in the hopes of turning another buck at my expense.

To be honest, i doubt that I will watch this because like Ghrom, I don't want to see someones failure to understand yet another property.

On the other hand, I was stoked to find out that DJ had signed up with DC for the Captain Marvel movie and better still, turned down the role of Captain Marvel for Black Adam because "he's much more complex and interesting as a character".

• Like 1

I have such high hopes for this! My only worry is they'll get the tone wrong. My personal favorite aspect of the original is how Jack Burton isn't really the hero. He thinks he's the hero, he acts like he's the hero and it's filmed like he's the hero but he's really the side kick. Such a brilliant choice and Kurt Russell really leaned into it. If Dwayne Johnson can capture that same feeling I'll be so happy.

Either way, a world with more Big Trouble is a better world;)

This is it exactly. If they get that Jack Burton is the Sidekick even tho he's the PoV Character, it'll probably work. If they miss that, it'll be terrible. That said, Johnson's performance in The Other Guys leaves me cautiously optimistic here, as that was a different take on the same trope.

• Like 1

Are they remaking Blade Runner or are they making Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?  I love Blade Runner.  The visuals and the contrasts are incredible but I was sad that they removed the unicorn and gave it a happy ending to suit the test audiences.  I'd be interested to see what they did today when it is possible to tell the story that ends with him as a replicant.

• Like 1

Are they remaking Blade Runner or are they making Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?  I love Blade Runner.  The visuals and the contrasts are incredible but I was sad that they removed the unicorn and gave it a happy ending to suit the test audiences.  I'd be interested to see what they did today when it is possible to tell the story that ends with him as a replicant.

Actually, I did some googling here this afternoon, and the Blade Runner project seems to be a sequel, not a reboot. Taking place years after Deckard heads off at the end of the first one.

Will be quite interesting to see if it happens.