terrain question

Don't Panic

what are good sites for terrain purchases?  thinking of getting a F.A.T. mat for my bday coming up and was also looking at terrain...

oh and just an fyi: Guardian does stock infinity now.  Its where i got my rulebook and 'nate really needs to learn how to paint guide'.  they also had a few of the icestorm starter kits but i think thats it for now... 

Where did you see it? I missed.

sci fi miniature section I THINK next to star wars xwing/armad.  kinda like the 2nd or 3rd shelf up on the right.  its a very small sliver but there's a few things.  hoping they expand.  i got the rulebook for 64 bucks somehow cause it was a 'promo' book or something but the rest were all regular price...

DP, if you're looking for playing surfaces, you definitely can't go wrong with a FAT Mat. I have two myself, and they are super nice.

But there is another company I just learned about recently. I think they have more variety, and they give you 3 options for mat material: vinyl, cloth, or the 'mouse-pad' like surface (like FAT Mats).

They are in England, though, but their prices seem lower than Frontline, even with shipping. But if you'd like to look, it gives you more options to choose from. The reviews of this place are also quite good, just like Frontline Gaming.

http://www.deepcutstudio.com/products

-Tim

With shipping, you're looking at about $15-$20 savings, but it might take an extra week to get to you, too. Definitely comparable. Figured it might be worth a look for you if you just want more options.

The 'mouse mat' style they just added this summer. The other two they've been selling for awhile with really good reviews. I am not a fan of the 'vinyl' mats I've seen, but those -do- let you use wet-erase markers on them as well, which is kinda nifty (I do a lot of RPG stuff where that could come in handy).

They also offer a 'custom design' service, too. I've inquired (just this morning) but haven't heard anything back. Am curious what that will run to have a 'custom' mat made....

-Tim

• Like 1