pretre's 2000 for Extralife Charity Tourney - Nov 7th - Deffskull Lootas!

pretre

So I had an epiphany.  Lootas.  130 points gets you 5 dudes, three of which are carrying around Killsaws for killin' Land Raiders and whooping on Wraith Knights.

Another thought:  In an Ork Horde Detachment, you can take 3 Meks to go along with your Ardboyz.  then you get three Killsaws and a Powerklaw all in that unit. Pretty cool.  Four very mean weapons to bring to bear in one unit?  Seems legit.

So I had an epiphany. Lootas. 130 points gets you 5 dudes, three of which are carrying around Killsaws for killin' Land Raiders and whooping on Wraith Knights.

Another thought: In an Ork Horde Detachment, you can take 3 Meks to go along with your Ardboyz. then you get three Killsaws and a Powerklaw all in that unit. Pretty cool. Four very mean weapons to bring to bear in one unit? Seems legit.

Or for 140, I can just take 10 lootas...

Also, where are you getting 'ardboys?

Just upgrade em.  I was just talking in general.  I was scoping out the Ork Codex (because orks) and thought "Wow...  that Killsaw is pretty much the answer to whats ailing orks".

So then I rooted around nd said "Well how would we get ENOUGH to matter?"

then I noticed muych to my shock that the LOOTAS of all things can take three JUST BECAUSE and they are cheaper than buying an actual Mek that way (plus you know they come with guns that are cool also).

So then I was thinking OKAY so you could do  like an entire unit of Meks essentially with ablative Lootas!  I mean in TWO Ork Hordes you can stuff NINE Killsaws in a Loota unit!!!  Lol.  I mean its kinda silly but true.

I like the idea of a hidden killsaw in my boyz units a lot.  Gives you a good way to tear into armor.  It's 45 pts for the mek and the killsaw.  Conversely, it's also nice to just include a basic mek in a unit to accept challenges and die and let the Nob swing.  One could, perhaps, finally have a reason for equipping nobz with big choppas as they would be striking at I3 with 4S7 attacks on the charge which is fairly equivalent against a lot of vehicles, and the mek has 3 S7 2d6 ap2 attacks to cut up vehicles.  Save points on Klaw, spend them on Saw. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of a hidden killsaw in my boyz units a lot.  Gives you a good way to tear into armor.  It's 45 pts for the mek and the killsaw.  Conversely, it's also nice to just include a basic mek in a unit to accept challenges and die and let the Nob swing.  One could, perhaps, finally have a reason for equipping nobz with big choppas as they would be striking at I3 with 4S7 attacks on the charge which is fairly equivalent against a lot of vehicles, and the mek has 3 S7 2d6 ap2 attacks to cut up vehicles.  Save points on Klaw, spend them on Saw. 

I love the idea.  I really think the Orks need Killsaws to compete.  They seem very important to me.  The CERTAINTY they bring to anti-tank operations is pretty brutal and Wraith Knights.  So there's that.

• 2 weeks later...