New Tau - Giant Fethin' Riptide with Missiles, New FireW and Stealth Riptide

pretre

I can definitely see where that reading comes from- the first part of the text does, indeed, refer to its use by a single model. However, the part I quoted ("declare that the unit") seems to say that you have to use them all together, which seems like a reasonable limitation- the whole unit benefits from it, so the whole unit has to expend it.

That said, one interesting part of the wording is that if a unit shoots at a Ghostkeel and it uses its Countermeasures, all of that unit's shooting that phase is made as snap shots- even shooting against targets other than the Ghostkeel. Could make things really awkward for an enemy superheavy vehicle or a Stormsurge that was on doubletap mode.

I can definitely see where that reading comes from- the first part of the text does, indeed, refer to its use by a single model. However, the part I quoted ("declare that the unit") seems to say that you have to use them all together, which seems like a reasonable limitation- the whole unit benefits from it, so the whole unit has to expend it.

I definitely see where you are coming from, I just think that it is reasonably read both ways, and therefore probably will need a FAQ. But what do I know?!

I remember back in 3rd ed the designers seemed to be more vocal and released FAQs iirc. Different time though, I remember them releasing 3.5 ed experimental rules via chapter approved (I think). Was still balance problems back then of course and shoddy rules. I don't buy white dwarf ever now, but do the designers ever even comment on the game in a general sense?