New Tau - Giant Fethin' Riptide with Missiles, New FireW and Stealth Riptide

pretre

True but then that's a pretty hefty tax, right?  I mean you can field Monat suits and use them as vehicle assassins and that's been done before so perhaps?  I'm not totally opposed to that.  I'd load them up with a TL Fusion and a Fusion gun, call it a day probably.

Tau Empire are ideal for MSU anyways.  But in Kill Point missions, ouch.  You know?

Interesting that crisis suit units can have up to nine suits now in a unit.

I suppose with the addition of a buffmander, target locks and a heap of gun drones/marker drones, you could make a mini tau deathstar. The footprint would be massive though and tau tend towards msu as even with a tanky buffmander and a shed load of drones, tau don't get any crazy durability.

• Like 1

I <3 GW...really I do. So I can either spend $50 on an updated book that I already own, or I can drop $75 on a campaign set to get the updated rules. I wonder if current iPad users automatically get the updated version? I suppose I can just not buy any of the new models and stick with what I have. :smile:

It's no different than getting a new codex every couple years. No big surprise.

And if Tau get to start taking a Mobile Trench Network, everyone else should be able to access the Stronghold Formations, in my not so humble opinion.

There's very little reason to keep banning them at this point, but for some reason tournaments do it anyways.

Well, not really. It's a fortification network like any other... :)

It actually isn't- like the Aquila Strongpoint and Fortress of Redemption, it is a single fortification consisting of multiple linked parts. Note that its Options section allows you to add sections, as opposed to the fortification network wordings which say that you can "take 1-X of this or that fortification."

• Like 1