What's the deal with the Twin Laser Turret?

I'm not seeing why this is worth 6 pts...at most you are doing 2 damage with this weapon, range band 2-3.  Yes, it is a turret, but I'm still not seeing the benefit of 6 points.

Here is its text:

Attack: Perform this attack twice (even against a ship outside your firing arc). Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage. Then cancel all dice results. Attack: 3. Range: 2-3.

I think the appeal is that it is a pretty reliable 1-2 points of damage that strips defenses off targets at range 2-3 (3 being the valuable part) without requiring a focus token or other action.  I agree that the potential output isn't amazing, but put that on a high PS ship to consistently attack before your spuds and you can remove evade and focus tokens in most cases leaving the target vulnerable to weaker (2-dice) attacks later in the round.  As a secondary weapon which denies a defensive bonus at range 3 the target is more inclined to have to use tokens if they want to get through the attacks unscathed.

Put that on Kavil for 4 attack dice outside of arc and you're pretty hard pressed to not put damage on the target.  Alternatively, put it on a low PS ship and between the two 3-dice attacks they can bat clean-up for the rest of your shooting to finish something off.

• Like 1