Weekly Games at Guardian Games

ZeroMoon17

Hey guys,

So I just moved to Vancouver, WA from Atlanta, GA and noticed that Thursday nights at Guardian Games is when people usually get together.  I was wondering if its a show up and whoever there will play or do we need to prearrange games ahead of time?  I was hoping to get a game in this Thursday and I'm planning on bringing LW British.

-Mike Henry

ZeroMoon17,

We can set you up on Thursday.

Thursdays we have been doing battles in the Firestorm: Overlord campaign.

That said, we also have done demo and ad hoc games onThursdays.

Your LW brits would fit right into the campian, if you are interested.

Next battle up is scheduled to be LW US vs. Germans, but we are flexible. We could throw togther a game of your Brits against another LW list.

Our current lists for the campaign are 1250 pts LW, US, BR and GE, so that is probably what people will have ready when they show up.

Paricipation varies between 2 and 4 guys on THU.

Sorry, but I don't have any Germans ready, myself. However, if SchnellerKarl, Lazarus, or Zeek show up, they have Germans.

Depending on traffic and trains, I get to GG between 6:15 and 6:30.

If you are curious, here are the campaign materials: Firestorm: Overlord http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=4495

this is our current thread: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/25927-firestorm-overlord-turn-3/

and this is the ealier thread: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/25089-firestorm-overlord-continues-open-to-new-players-and-old-hands/page-7

There are usually at least two people on game nights.  I'll be there this Thursday with LW Germans, if you want to nail down a game.

Sounds good, I'll be there around 6!

ZeroMoon17,

We can set you up on Thursday.

Thursdays we have been doing battles in the Firestorm: Overlord campaign.

That said, we also have done demo and ad hoc games onThursdays.

Your LW brits would fit right into the campian, if you are interested.

Next battle up is scheduled to be LW US vs. Germans, but we are flexible. We could throw togther a game of your Brits against another LW list.

Our current lists for the campaign are 1250 pts LW, US, BR and GE, so that is probably what people will have ready when they show up.

Paricipation varies between 2 and 4 guys on THU.

Sorry, but I don't have any Germans ready, myself. However, if SchnellerKarl, Lazarus, or Zeek show up, they have Germans.

Depending on traffic and trains, I get to GG between 6:15 and 6:30.

If you are curious, here are the campaign materials: Firestorm: Overlord http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=4495

this is our current thread: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/25927-firestorm-overlord-turn-3/

and this is the ealier thread: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/25089-firestorm-overlord-continues-open-to-new-players-and-old-hands/page-7

Unfortunately I don't have any Americans...  I would love to participate though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PLAN A: Firestorm Overlord continues.

PLAN B: One of the historical battles the WWPD guys posted on their website: .wwpd.net/p/historical-scenarios.html

PLAN C: Open to suggestions

PLAN A:

Wrap up turn 3 of Firestorm Overlord

Setup turn 4 battles.

Pr-requisite is the Axis commander - lazarus - being present to do that.

If laz cannot make it, perhaps someone can volunteer to proxy as Axis Commander.

I will prep WED evening so that we can do the admin part of the campaign as quickly as possible.

I will also have a draft plan of the Allied battles and forces.

If we are quick, we could have Turn 4 battles setup by 6:45-7:00.

PLAN B:

Better to pick one ahead of time, then I can print out the scenario: .wwpd.net/p/historical-scenarios.html

Cole's Charge.  US vs Germans.  Normandy, 1944.  Having fought their way down “Purple Heart Lane” the 3rd Battalion 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment found itself scattered along the roadside ditches waiting for an Artillery bombardment to soften up the defenses of what was later to be found as the 6th Fallschirmjager Regimental HQ. Scenario by Mike Bersiks.

Abram's Folly.  US vs Germans.  LORRAINE, 1944.  On the the 6th December a battered tank company and under-strength infantry company came up against superior German forces in the small farming community of Singling. Scenario by Mike Bersiks.

Defeat in the Cornfields.  British vs Germans.  NORMANDY, 1944.  On the second day of Operation Goodwood, several small towns still had to be taken before the main objective, the ridges beyond could effectively be confronted. Scenario by Mike Bersiks.

Lingevres.  British vs Germans.  NORMANDY, 1944.  The British 50th Tyne and Tees faces the famous Panzer Lehr Division as the British attempt to break through German lines.  Scenario by Craig Baxter.

http://citadelofwar.blogspot.com/2012/09/flames-of-war-scenario-collection-free.html
scroll down to "NW Europe-Normandy, Breakout"

PLAN C: post your ideas on this thread.

As much as I would love to play a historical scenario, after looking over the British lists in both the WWPD scenarios I don't have the motor platoon and the sexton platoon I would need for the Brits for Defeat in the Cornfields, and for Lingervres, I'd only be short 4 25pdrs.  I would love to get the firestorm moving again but lets have something prepared as a backup.

I could bring:

British (virtually any list from Market Garden)

German Fallschirmjagers (Unpainted, but could have them Assembled)

German PzIV list with minimal support options

Also did you want to play with your soviets this week, since you didn't get to play with them at the tournament?  I would be ok with an eastern front scenario, lets just decide today so I can have 3 days to get my forces out of boxes ^^'

I could bring:

British (virtually any list from Market Garden)

German Fallschirmjagers (Unpainted, but could have them Assembled)

German PzIV list with minimal support options

Also did you want to play with your soviets this week, since you didn't get to play with them at the tournament?  I would be ok with an eastern front scenario, lets just decide today so I can have 3 days to get my forces out of boxes ^^'

Several options for backup:

1) If you want to experiment with your brits, could I borrow your German PzIV list, and run that against the brits.

2) Plz don't rush Fallschirmjagers. I know I am never happy when I do a rush job, and would not want you to do the same.

3) I could do MW or LW Rus Strel or tanks vs German PzIV list

4) If u want to try Rus, I could loan you my Rus, and I could run one of your lists. I can coach on Rus National rules.

5) If there are three of us, we could have 2 vs 1. I have enough Ruskies to run 2000 pts. Just need to know MW or LW.

Let me know which you want.

RE: the Soviet Sapper list - after the skill level of painting on the tables Saturday, I want to take time to detail my sappers and their supports.  That means they will not be on the table for a while. Besides, Since Steve is eager to "...start slaying those gravel munching little bastards"(1), I want my gravel munchers to have all of their supports.

Good news for me is that after I start the Open Fire demos, in December, I will have the core of a LW Grenadier list.

(1) See http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/26179-nov-14-late-war-2015-fow-tournament-gg-official-thread/page-4#entry327695