Newest ITC Poll Results

pretre

Should we treat Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Angels as having Chapter Tactics?

• Yes: 589
  • No: 663

The new Tau Gargantuan Creature, the Stormsurge, can be taken in units of 1-3. Currently in the ITC, we only allow a single Lord of War to be taken. Should we make an exception to the rule for the Tau Stormsurge and allow it to be fielded as a unit?

• Unit size 1-3: 737
  • Limit them to a unit of 0-1: 524

Should we allow “Experimental” Forge World rules in the ITC?

• Yes: 877
  • No: 388
  • Like 1

Multiple Stormsurges as part of a single unit can't be compared to multiple Wraithknights at all. Locking the whole unit down with a single Tactical Squad is entirely possible- and remember, they can't move (not even to make pile-ins) or Stomp when locked in combat and are only T6/3+.

Why would you leave your anchors on if you're locked in combat? O.o

Besides, if tactical squads are assaulting things this important in your lines, the game is likely over anyway.

You can only pull up anchors during the movement phase, so if you get assaulted you'll always have at least one full combat round before you can pick up stakes.

With a White Scars or Drop Pod Battle Company, you can have a LOT of units in your face right away- Tau have always struggled with fast melee units, and the Stormsurge is no different.

You can only pull up anchors during the movement phase, so if you get assaulted you'll always have at least one full combat round before you can pick up stakes.

With a White Scars or Drop Pod Battle Company, you can have a LOT of units in your face right away- Tau have always struggled with fast melee units, and the Stormsurge is no different.

Okay, so you lose 1 pile in, and 1-3 stomps. You made it sound like they could never do either of those things.

So, pods or whatever come down, if you don't move your 12" away then you allowed them to assault you. Sounds like user error to me.

Yay! Now just need money!

CAD
HQ: Chaos Lord, bike, sigil, pf, lc, burning brand, nurgle

Troops: 10 cultists, heavy stubber
Troops: 10 cultists, heavy stubber

Fast: 5 Spawn, Nurgle

LoW: Chaos Knight Paladin, Deamon of Nurgle

Ork Horde Detachment:
HQ: Zhadsnark
HQ: Painboy, Bike
HQ: Warboss, bike, Pk, Lucky Stick

Troop: 15 bikes, Nob w/pk&BP
Troop: 5 Bikes, Nob w/pk&bp
Troop: 3 Bikes
Troop: 3 Bikes

Should we treat Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Angels as having Chapter Tactics?

• Yes: 589
  • No: 663

The new Tau Gargantuan Creature, the Stormsurge, can be taken in units of 1-3. Currently in the ITC, we only allow a single Lord of War to be taken. Should we make an exception to the rule for the Tau Stormsurge and allow it to be fielded as a unit?

• Unit size 1-3: 737
  • Limit them to a unit of 0-1: 524

Should we allow “Experimental” Forge World rules in the ITC?

• Yes: 877
  • No: 388

ugh.  I'm just...  blech.

First why would you even ASK the question on Chapter Tactics.  seriously.  i see no reason whatsoever why this question would even be asked.  All those codex's have "special stuff" already.

And allowing Experimental rules is like the disaster it was when the Chapter Approvd Trial Asault rules got used by a few T.O.'s WAY back in the way back days.  Also equakl amounts of yuck.

Not sure about StormSurges but probably a good question to ask there.  

It's what i said before.  They are over reaching here.

And allowing Experimental rules is like the disaster it was when the Chapter Approvd Trial Asault rules got used by a few T.O.'s WAY back in the way back days.  Also equakl amounts of yuck.

Yeah, we get it, you hate Forge World because you think their rules are unfair and more unbalanced than GW's. That's why running a Flakk Trukk is overpowered, but Wraithknights are kosher.

• Like 2

Galahad, you seem unaware that I have disallowed taking more than one in every tournament BUT one and that ws this year.  So no.  I don't think that its "just fine" typically.  And yes, Forge World IS an enormously expensive extra layer of the game to keep up on that newer players WONT be able to or wont want to.  I know I don't and I both have the means and the time to do it.

Sorry to throw the wet wooly blanket over things but you are barking up the wrong tree about that.  I oppose Forge World on multiple grouns in tournaments and I think its just peachy in casual games, for people who want to play against it.  I personally avoid those games myself but I philosophically see no problem with people playing them in pick up games, so long as the other guy has time to tailor accordingly.