SDK points and Warscroll Battalions

Eh I've never like using allies even in 40k. Some make more sense then others thou

I've been thinking of the 4 factions as more like what warmachine has with their 4 initial factions.

And I don't see anything unfluffy with undead being a single army, nor with chaos being a single army. Maybe mixing the factions is unfluffy for Order, but it works great for the others.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a balanced list. The one I've been tweaking is great for take and hold or just front fighting situations but if there are spread out objectives like in 40k the list wouldn't work.

Skinks are the fastest but the weakest. Tank based lists are juggernauts but slow and need hero support...baaahhhhh what to do lol

How do you know the list will not work? How many games have you tried with it? My point is that Theory Hammer is great on paper but the proof is in the pudding. Get the army on the table for a half dozen games or so and see what happens. The best army is the one that can mutially support itself across the whole battle line. You will find that with multiple diverse units you will have more options when the battle commences.

Also take a look at the skink special ability Wary Fighter. Skinks become very difficult to pin down in combat unless they are the only combat to be fought. Very handy to be able to stall a charge, and then pull them out of combat before any damage has occurred. Takes some practice to make work but when it does it is frustrating to fight them.

I know it would work but it's slow and not good for object grabbing. TG with full support are next to impossible to take down. Buuuut it's slow and requires a moving battline whereas skinks can just jump around or fly but are flimsy...hmm hmm

Serious, check out the realmgate rules: http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/scenery/aos-balefulrealmgate-en.pdf

Take 2 or 3 of these and then the slow army could just "hop" around the table. You'd want to include a wizard or priest for safer travel, but as Seraphon, you were going to do that anyway.

So I'm switching to orcs&goblins lol something about how crazy and straightforward they are and constantly screaming waaaaaagh!

I only have 3 seraphon units anyway which I got from selling 40k stuff so no real loss.

If any of you guys knows anyone wanting a assembled carnasaur w/detached rider, a partially assembled Bastilodon, a unopened box of Guard, and a shiny new battletome to fund my new waaaagh let me know

I just finished reading the Seraphon Battletomb.I really like their backround,though I didn't know much at all of the old world Lizardmen so theres that,heh.

Anyhow,the Battleplans in the book are really good ones I think.The first one would be very tough for an attacker to win but would make for a good game to throw a top army vs a mid range army,giving the top army the burden of attack.

The other two look very fun,one even has chasms that models can fall into(d3 morts) and some special effects for having monsters charge units that are close to the chasms and cause addition models to fall in due to the ground shaking,hehe.

Anyhow,as an army im looking forward to getting them on the table some time and I think they are well rounded.

But I also own around what used to be about 2500 pts of OnGs,actually my OnG collection is probably my most painted army amongst all my 40k and fantasy stuff.They are very fun to play but probably a bit trickier to win with due to Bravery being an issue,just like leadership used to be.

Run Night Gobbos with Fanatics and you can annoy the hell out of opponents,throw in Manglers too..gotta habe Manglers they rip faces off,lol.

Looking at all options with OnG`s and you probably have the most diverse army in the game or a close second.That new starter box is very good too,I may even pick one up as I don't have any Boar riders yet.