ITC Beta Missions

fluger

Got a chance to play around with this last night vs PourSpelur.  Really liked the new feel of it.  

We misplayed one part, and maybe I misunderstood it at TSHFT as well and its been this way for the whole time, anyway, Big Game Hunters can only be scored by the person who killed the most expensive unit killed.  

Anyway, the way Maelstrom works now is REALLY interesting and added a bunch of wrinkles to the missions.  

I highly recommend trying these out.  

Here you can find the guidelines for the missions.  

Here's all the missions.  

Mission 1

Mission 2

Mission 3

Mission 4

Mission 5

Mission 6

• Like 2

In our game, both Dale and I went for, and succeeded in getting our 3 pt gambles.  

One thing I thought was interesting is that the Kill 3 units one means that you can succeed in your opponent's turn as well.  For instance, Dale went for it, killed 2 units, but I assaulted his knight with my boyz and Grukk.  He succeeded in killing my boyz unit and therefore had 3 kills.  

• Like 2

Best format I've played so far. Scoring at the top of your own turn adds a chess-like component (the ability for your opponent to choose to ignore their objectives and try to deny you yours is neat), the ability for actions on your opponent's turn to help/hurt your score, the "double down" choice gives a high risk, high reward option.

The game felt right.

• Like 2

I agree on clarification being needed, but it reads to me like if you have more units away from your table edge than your opponent does then you get it.  Basically an objective easy to score for aggressive armies.  

So, if I'm playing my Orks and I have 3 mobz of boyz, 1 stormboyz unit, 2 trukks with units inside, and a Warboss (total of 9 units) all more than 12" from my table edge streaming towards you and you only have your knight more than 12" up, then I win that point.