New Stormcast

From archibald_tk (warseer)

Next WD for your viewing pleasure:

- Battletome Stormcast Eternals EXTREMIS (Because they're more extreme than poor regular Stormcast peasants? It's the 90s all over again!) 21€ / £15 / $25 / AU$ 99.999
88 pages, 2 battleplans, 4 battalions, 7 warscrolls ( so 2 more units than what is already in the WD, they refer to something called a Star Drake so your guess is as good as mine regarding what it will be)

- Dracothian Guards (2 mounted Stormcasts like the one in the AoS box) 55€ / £40 / $65 / AU$ your mortgage

- Knight-Heraldor (1 model) 19.5€ / £15 / $25 / AU$ a trained battle kangaroo
Yup, it's just an alternate model of the previous Heraldor. Rejoice trumpet lovers for that one has no chance of sticking his instrument in his eye!

- Tempest Lords upgrades pack 9€ / £7 / $12 / AU$ your firstborn

- Starter paint sets 28€ / £20 / $33 / AU$ your soul
3 Marines or 3 Stormcasts, with 8 mini pots and a brush. Very very costly for the content so not really designed as an entry tool for kids, it's more for parents looking for a present I suppose.

- Super Glue €7.5 / £5.25 / $8.75 / AU$ 15 (hey, it's actually the real price!)
A box of 5x0.5g of glue, for a mighty total of 2.5g... ... ... I... I... I do not... wut?

WD starts with a photo that I assume is supposed to wake up all those who still believe for some reason that AoS is a skirmish game. Now go buy 12 more Varanguards and 24 Dracothian Guards while you're at it *WHIPLASH*!

5 warscrolls inside the WD, actually one for the Lord Celestant on Dracoth and 4 for the Dracothian Guards that are actually just the 4 weapons options. Fulminators (glaives), Tempestors (not-bolters crossbow), Concussors (hammers) and Desolators (axes, which actually increase their number of attacks the more they are in the unit, 3 for 2, 4 for 4 and 6 for 6... now go buy more!)

Next week hints is something something Dracothion and Warriors of the Extremis Chambers.

It was pretty much a given that it was going to Drake mounted pallies...

Interested to see what the scrolls are for those crossbows guys..even a basic short blade with the Drake mount could be very usefull.

A Dragon monster would be a great addition to the army as well.

Also these small battle tombs are actually a good deal.Even though they only have a few scrolls inot them,the backround,battleplans and painting guides are all usefull:)

I love how GW makes four units based on what weapon they have in their hand. Stabby guys, choppy guys, smashy guys, and shooty guys. I'm sure they could double that had they only included curled horns for the mount's head. Stabby guys with curled horned beast, stabby guys with straight horned beast.... :biggrin:

Considering how warscrolls work, it makes sense to separate them like that...

• Like 1

Awww, I thought "Extremis" meant they had super-strength and could breathe fire and exploded if they lost control ;)

I believe they will have the lighting breath weapon that the Celestant on Dracoth has...which if so,is a very nice added abilitie.Choose a point anywhere within 12" and all units within 2" of the chosen point take D3 mortals.

I believe they will have the lighting breath weapon that the Celestant on Dracoth has...which if so,is a very nice added abilitie.Choose a point anywhere within 12" and all units within 2" of the chosen point take D3 mortals.

It was actually just an Iron Man joke, but that does sound cool.

• Like 1

OK,,these dudes are gonna wreck face!

They can be taken in singles,are substantially better than the average Hero with their 3+ saves and great mobility,and have several weapon choices for great customization.

Nice to see they have a form of the Celestants Storm breath too.With the nasty effects of the melee focused weapon sets,im not sure the Crossbolt guys are all that good though.

I think first off I'm gonna build two of the Fulminators and go all /shootmeplease!..2+ rerolling 1`s vs shooting attacks LOL! These guys are getting face time for sure.

The Celestant version is very nice too,as it has many weapon options.Ive been magnetizing a lot more lately,buidling up one of those guys with all the options would be a nice addition to my force.

Overall,these guys need to get comped pretty hard,and I'm sure they will.

Oh dear sigmar, wtf is that? Where did you find that? So intense looking...who is the hero on top?

Good thing I have 2 magmadroths lol

Pics also in this thread at Dakka;

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/683422.page

Looking at the size comparison with the Drakoth cav model next to it,this thing is friggen huge!

I WILL be getting one asap:)

8 pack bundle

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Lightning-Echelon

Not something I would drop money on,but for that price you are getting 40+ wounds of great mobility,pretty hard hitters all behind a 3+ save with a reroll of 1`s in combat.For someone looking to start a game or army,its actually all they would need to have a great force.

No crazy dragon this week?

This week looks to be the Knights, the book and the new Heralder (musician). The White Dwarf hints about 7 Warscrolls but I count only 6. 4 knights with various weapons, new Lord Celestant on Dracoth and Lord Celestant on Star Drake. That's six! So what's the secret 7th scroll unless it's the Heralder? That would be disappointing.

On another note, people are bitching about how the Previous Stormcast book is now obsolete. I'm guessing they don't realize that this is another Stormcast Chamber and this book goes along with the first book. All of the models in the first book will not be in this one. The complaining is probably coming from the GW haters who haven't given AOS a try.