top down terrain has new terrain

Don't Panic

At Nate's ITS, I had the opportunity to have a close look at Top Down Terrain's new buildings. Both Brian Boese and Goerge Spencer had a set.

1. The new terrain is tournament designed. The pieces nest together for packing purposes.

2. Next, the buildings are not standard lengths. They are not four or eight inches. Playing on the table forces players to think about their movement instead of playing on remote control.

3. The buildings have ladders designed on them to reach the roof tops.

4. Like Black Sheep designs, the buildings are solid. They do not have easily broken bits or fragile sections that snap off. This also means the buildings have a simple design. There are no doors to open or balconies. Players will not be playing inside these buildings.

5. The buildings, especially, SCTN 1 and SCTN 2 are tall. SCTN is nine inches high. It blocks line of sight for the game and the players. With the high tables at Guardian games, I come not see over the tables when sitting down. I really had to look around the building to see my Hellcat on the other side. In the end, my opponent, George moved the model for me out of ease. I like the height for two reasons. At nine inches, you cannot just shotgun the models below you, our for that matter, hacking zones have a smaller window. Secondly, the buildings feel like a real city. I work downtown. All the buildings are multi-story. Four of the SCTN 1 or 2 in a grid off the center of the table would a great set up for any table.

6. The Jawa Sandcrawleresque shape will block site lines and create shadow zones.

7. The buildings do not have a solid lip on top. There are open areas like where the ladders reach the top of building. This makes cover sporadic and not automatic.

8. If you look at buildings 3 and 4, the are designed, much like the second generation Black Sheep terrain, to be inserted on the sides of other buildings to great other configurations and over hangs.

9. I really like building 4 since models can hide under the over hang and cannot be targeted my models directly over the top of it.

10. The price is a bargain. $12-13 for the small buildings is a pittance. The operations set and set or two of the shatter vigil scatter terrain and you have the perfect amount for any table for $200!

• Like 4

At Nate's ITS, I had the opportunity to have a close look at Top Down Terrain's new buildings. Both Brian Boese and Goerge Spencer had a set.

1. The new terrain is tournament designed. The pieces nest together for packing purposes.

2. Next, the buildings are not standard lengths. They are not four or eight inches. Playing on the table forces players to think about their movement instead of playing on remote control.

3. The buildings have ladders designed on them to reach the roof tops.

4. Like Black Sheep designs, the buildings are solid. They do not have easily broken bits or fragile sections that snap off. This also means the buildings have a simple design. There are no doors to open or balconies. Players will not be playing inside these buildings.

5. The buildings, especially, SCTN 1 and SCTN 2 are tall. SCTN is nine inches high. It blocks line of sight for the game and the players. With the high tables at Guardian games, I come not see over the tables when sitting down. I really had to look around the building to see my Hellcat on the other side. In the end, my opponent, George moved the model for me out of ease. I like the height for two reasons. At nine inches, you cannot just shotgun the models below you, our for that matter, hacking zones have a smaller window. Secondly, the buildings feel like a real city. I work downtown. All the buildings are multi-story. Four of the SCTN 1 or 2 in a grid off the center of the table would a great set up for any table.

6. The Jawa Sandcrawleresque shape will block site lines and create shadow zones.

7. The buildings do not have a solid lip on top. There are open areas like where the ladders reach the top of building. This makes cover sporadic and not automatic.

8. If you look at buildings 3 and 4, the are designed, much like the second generation Black Sheep terrain, to be inserted on the sides of other buildings to great other configurations and over hangs.

9. I really like building 4 since models can hide under the over hang and cannot be targeted my models directly over the top of it.

10. The price is a bargain. $12-13 for the small buildings is a pittance. The operations set and set or two of the shatter vigil scatter terrain and you have the perfect amount for any table for $200!

I'll have you know that the doors are included and openable sir!

Just that Boese forgot them hahaha

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...