No more Ogres?!?

Really people! STOP! Do you even look before you doom-n-gloom? The only Ogors that are being removed are the Battalion boxset and Greasus Gold tooth. The rest are still there. The battalion is probably moving to getting started box set or at least on rounds. The Ogres are part of the destruction force and still with us. And Warhamner is not dead it's just different.

• Like 1

AoS is better than 8th

New orcs look awesome

Ogres still around

Prices in line with model quality

Here-here! I totally agree! While I enjoyed Warhamner up through 8th it became very tedious building and playing armies. I should know since I've been playing Warhamner Fantasy since 1985! I really like Age of Sigmar and where the game is going. The models are brilliant and appropriately priced given quality, and size. This hobby is not cheap. Never has been and never will be!
  • Like 1

Again...ALL armies that were in use prior to the launch of AoS are still available for those with the models to use complete with the free warscroll dl from the GW site.Actually all of the Old World army warscrolls are STILL LISTED on the AOS APP!,,as in "Tomb Kings" and "Ogres" and "Orcs and Goblins" All have their entire entry for the full army warscrolls.

In the case of the Ogres,you can use the old warscrolls and run them as Ogres Oggors,Ogers,Oxgars,or whatever the F`K you want to call them and their little slice of the mortal realms they come from.Hell,you can make a shard in the mortal realms that is an exact duplicate of the old world and call it "The old school" or the "Realm that made sense" then proceed to build armies based on all of the armies that predated AoS,the bottom line is NO ONE(including GW) who plays AoS is going to say you must use the new armies only!.

I still run Tomb Kings,I even mix them in with Stormcast..I still Run Bretonnians,even the Knights that were discontinued,I mix them with other armies too.AoS is truly about making the army you want to make,then playing a game with it.Many posters on FB are avid collectors and builders of old world armies and they look awesome!..actually im just gonna come out and say it, that they look way better on rounds and ovals than they did on squares and rectangles.

So Nathan,to answer your question of "No more Ogres?"

Negative,Ogres are alive and well:)

• Like 1

Good. I just saw the Last Chance to buy GW cash grab email with Ogres in it and got scared. I have my Greasus goldtooth already.

The model quality to price statement is debatable. I really really want Archaon - but wow that's a ton of cash for a model

I have yet to build my Archeon,,yeah hes friggen huge too.In game terms is a fun model to play and NOT opd as evidenced at the SCGT were he was played alot but often dealt with effectively.Nice to see as I dont want to feel im in dick mode when I play the big monsters,hehe.

Are the players numbers of AoS equal to that of WHFB. Are the events equal in number? If so, then I would say, it is an equal game.

My points two and four are subjective.

To be honest its not really a fair comparison to make.First off they are two very different games,secondly WHFB had a player base 30 years in the making,,AoS has been out for less than a year.

At this point in its short life,events are showing a fairly even spread of 100 or so players split between KoW,T9A and AoS.SCGT had around 140 entries though:)

To be honest its not really a fair comparison to make.First off they are two very different games,secondly WHFB had a player base 30 years in the making,,AoS has been out for less than a year.

At this point in its short life,events are showing a fairly even spread of 100 or so players split between KoW,T9A and AoS.SCGT had around 140 entries though:)

Actually, the game should have a head start with 30 years of WHFB to aid it. That crowd should have moved from one system to the other.

I think The games are equal Here are some numbers from one major event.

Numbers from Adepticon 2016

AoS                                        9th Age                                   KoW

Single/team                            single/team                           single/team

40/18                                         30/16                                    35/20       

Adepticon 2015

WFB

98/94

This tells us as Threejacks stated the WFB players have split to 3 different systems, But with the most going to AoS

While the East coast US, Europe, and Canada seem to Have AoS as a major system. The West Coast seems to be a major hold out on AoS. So trying to judge AoS by the events around this area to see if it's popular will not be a true figure.

Judging by the numbers above at a major event and the numbers from SCGT we can say AoS seems to be very popular in those areas.            

• Like 2