Trees

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the Maples want more sunlight

And the Oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples

(And they're quite convinced they're right)

They say the oaks are just too lofty

And they grab up all the light

But the oaks can't help their feelings

If they like the way they're made

And they wonder why the maples

Can't be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the forest

And the creatures all have fled

As the maples scream 'Oppression!'

And the oaks, just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union

And demanded equal rights

'The oaks are just too greedy

We will make them give us light'

Now there's no more oak oppression

For they passed a noble law

And the trees are all kept equal

By hatchet,

Axe,

And saw

Rush,"The Trees"

Not sure why I felt compelled to post that..

Anyhow,ill be looking to hop into the faction this go around:)

• Like 5

Wow there is a lot to absorb with this image.  

Not super familiar with the older Fantasy fluff, but was alarielle part tree?  I notice the old model did not have any tree parts, but her arm in this image is clearly very Dryad-like.  Her wings (she didn't have those before either) are also a little woody.  Overall she looks really worse for wear, like she has been corrupted by Nurgle's control of the Realm of Life or something.  Maybe she needed to fuse with the Sylvaneth in order to survive.  Or that she changed with the destruction of the Old World in some way.  I know the Stormcast managed to get into her hidden sanctuary to find her, but they let in a bunch of Chaos when they did, correct?  Maybe we see some sort of repercussions for that.   

Super interested in Treekin/Dryads with bows haha.  Also, anyone notice the Aelf looking characters?  They kind of look like wardancers, but like Alarielle they look like they have fused with the Sylvaneth in some way (tree arms).  

Also, where are they fighting?  We see the Death troops and the background looks very malevolent.  Perhaps the Realm of Death?  Last I heard Alarielle was still in her sanctuary.  Could be wrong about that, I haven't been following the Realmgate Wars perfectly.  

Yeah, I've been doing reading over the past month. I didn't really have any interest in 8th. I have to admit, the size format of AoS is what piqued my curiosity. I'm waiting for those comp rules to come out before really diving in.

Plus, I moved to Bend, OR, so my access to a large pool of players is not what it once was :P

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been doing reading over the past month. I didn't really have any interest in 8th. I have to admit, the size format of AoS is what piqued my curiosity. I'm waiting for those comp rules to come out before really diving in.

I'm sure you have seen all the community generated Comp systems then.  There is a lot of talk that the General's Handbook will be a more advanced version of the "SDK" community comp system (will now presumably factor synergy into army building), which was very balanced and very good: https://sites.google.com/site/ageofsigmarsdk/   Also: http://www.scrollbuilder.com/ for list building.  It sounds like GW was working with the guys who created SDK at one point. 

Scgt guys were the ones invited to the shop because they do a podcast, 3 ways to play will be open, script and points

Multiple people on a table really benefit from single unit activation optional rule

Yeah I heard that podcast, but I have also heard the SDK guys were brought in to actually work on the point system and not just comment on the book.  Some speculate that's why it's not supported online anymore.  

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the Maples want more sunlight

And the Oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples

(And they're quite convinced they're right)

They say the oaks are just too lofty

And they grab up all the light

But the oaks can't help their feelings

If they like the way they're made

And they wonder why the maples

Can't be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the forest

And the creatures all have fled

As the maples scream 'Oppression!'

And the oaks, just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union

And demanded equal rights

'The oaks are just too greedy

We will make them give us light'

Now there's no more oak oppression

For they passed a noble law

And the trees are all kept equal

By hatchet,

Axe,

And saw

Rush,"The Trees"

Not sure why I felt compelled to post that..

Anyhow,ill be looking to hop into the faction this go around:)

why can't I "like" this more than 1 time???