New Sylvaneth

I think the "reserves" rule entails all abilities summoning or otherwise that bring NEW models onto the board.  They are still considered "reserves".  The abilities which bring slain models back are not considered reserves and therefore not subject the the rules.  So, yes, in this case they need to be paid for if they are indeed setting up new models.

• Like 1

I think the "reserves" rule entails all abilities summoning or otherwise that bring NEW models onto the board.  They are still considered "reserves".  The abilities which bring slain models back are not considered reserves and therefore not subject the the rules.  So, yes, in this case they need to be paid for if they are indeed setting up new models.

Yeah,thats kind of what I was thinking too.

I seen it mentioned by someone "in the know" that Neferata`s ability to convert an opponents slain hero(that she killed) into a Vamp lord under the command of Neferata`s army didnt have to be paid for with points...not sure if thats right though.

Its been discussed and pretty much determined that Nagash will get his unit size bonus but the extra unit will need to be payed for as well.Its not much of a "bonus" anymore of course..but still may have uses in choosing to deploy a double sized unit(point being available of course) all in one cast roll.

I did look into the Wardens of the Realmgate too,because it adds new units to the game it will be considered summoning.Now I believe though that in this case it does state in the Battalions ability for this that the player can choose "a new unit or one slain earlier in the game"...im thinking the player should be able to bring back a dead unit at no charge,or it should be that way in keeping with how they are calling the death banners and such.

Pretty much the only instance were it wont cost points to bring in another unit is when it is regrown from some ability the unit had,as in Death banners,Pheonix reborn,Green Knight keeps coming back..stuff like that.

I did hear that the Flesheater abilities will not cost point either,but I dont know much about how they work so no comment on that.

• 2 weeks later...