Angel's Blade supplement... Blood Angels getting some love?

dalmer

No love for the Guardian Blade? I'm always happy to see AP2 that isn't Unwieldy, and Armoubane and Master-Crafted are nice to have, too. Unmodified S isn't even that bad given that it's gonna be on someone with Furious Charge.

Fyrestorm's upgrade price is about usual for MC, it's just that Inferno Pistols are kind of overpriced anyhow.

Also, once again, The Regimental Standard is right on target.

AP2 at initiative is fun, but should have a +2 to S.  The armor is unsurprising, but lacking a little Umph as well.  It's like Robin Hood, except GW is the Sheriff, so close to being on mark, but par unto themselves.

For 30 Points? I don't think so. Compare with the AP2 Power Sword from the regular BA Dex. 10 Points for Master-Crafting, then trading an Attack for Armourbane.

Keep in mind that (according to others) FyreS can only be taken on someone who already has an infernus pistol. Ugh.

In that case, it's garbage. If it's actually that it can be taken by anyone who has the option for an Infernus Pistol, that's a different story.

Ooh, I missed that. It's still garbage if there's a 15 Point stealth tax on it, but that's really good if it's just an upgrade from a Bolt Pistol.

You mean that you might have to buy an inferno pistol and then replace it with this?  Seems an unlikely mechanic, unless I'm missing your suggestion.

Compared to a meltagun (which it is identical to in terms of firepower) it is 15 pts more, but gives a bonus +1 attack in melee and normally HQs can't get a meltagun, so you're paying some extra there.  Overall, not too bad IMO.  

edit:  Just read what pretre wrote about it... OK, that'd be super dumb.

I think they at least made a token effort but it seems like whoever set this up just kinda threw things in without much thought. The biggest uproar is that the big gigantic formation (dicurion?) has not only duplicate rules (red thirst) but has no real significant benefit to running it. I can use Codex: BA's Battle company and get both red thirst and objective secure. It's just silly and makes my head hurt.

There are some good things in it though. Golden crispy chickenwing (Golden Host) is good as well as the "deathcurion" as people are calling it. I like the stormraven formation and the Lucifer formation too. The death company relics are a really head scratcher though as only one Death Company chaplains can take them meaning its not usefully unless you like lots chaplains.

Edit: Oh, I guess people are complaining about no free drop pods for Assault Marines anymore. Stings a bit but not a huge issue for me.

• Like 1