Stuff I dids

spagunk

I paint all my transport interiors.

My tanks (predators) don't get painted interiors. Instead I glue old 2nd edition Rhino front tank hatches on the back so it looks like the it's got more room:

gallery_1193_37_24701.gif

I'll have to take a picture so you can see it. Makes it look more like a tank and less like a converted transport. That and the whole "overcharge" engine thing.

• Like 2

One problem I have is that in order to rush things a bit for an event I will be attending, I didn't dirty up the insides any. I am not planning to glue the top piece of the raider until after I go in and add some scuffs, dirt and scrapes. Much harder to do with the thing halfway put together but I'll manage.

The other thing I wish I had was a second set of interior doors. They only give you the computer console/Utility closet and one set of doors. Would really like to cover up the vacant spaces for completeness.

Because I am a weirdo?

And I may be putting LED lights inside. I don't know.

I've met a few players that insisted on painting the interior, and then gluing them in a manner where you couldn't actually see the paint job. I would put you in the Hobby Enthusiast group, not the weirdo group. The main arguement for doing this seems to be the painter cares, "because he'd know," if the model was fully painted or not. 

Regarding LEDs and other extras. I haven't really messed with them, but I did see someone who had converted their Land Raider so it was a remote controlled car. His arguement was that if he was going to spend full price for Land Raider, he may as well spend more and make it an amazing land raider. His had full FW thousand sons upgrades on it, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...