Elvensword Ambassadorial GT AFTERMATH

Lord Hanaur

The Grand Tournament is complete and the big news is, it was big news!

We had 30 Ambassadors, and it was a great time.  As always we provided snacks, drinks, full on Teriyaki lunches, complimentary Gyoza, massive prize support including free tournament dice, and Raffles; and of course the prizes for placing which were $1200 on their own.

Interesting firsts happened during this festival of Warhammering.  The most notable:  

1.  For one of our Bracket winners, Nathan Billings, it was his FIRST TIME even winning a tournament!  

2.  We also saw the manifestation here on the Prime Material Plane of the River Styx, of which there are pictures on the Facebook page in a match between Shaylynn Allen and Lars White.  

3.  We had our very first sighting at our tournament of Joshua Death, who is renowned in the ITC.  He came all the way from South Dakota to participate.  So our first South Dakotan!  

4.  This also marked the very first time we separated from our typical bracketing structure to include a seeding round ,wherein each race had to look in the mirror and face themselves before venturing fully into the Elvensword Arena!  

5.  This was also the very first time that a Tau Empire force took an Elvensword Ambassadorial bracket!  The Tau Empire fought for it but lost in the 3rd Elvensword Ambassadorial Tournament, but hadn't even made the Final Four since then, until now.

Not only that but this also marked the first time a Dark Eldar made it into the Final Four!  

6. This was the first time an onsite masseuse was made available to the players, and we absolutely foresee this happening again at the Elvensword events.

Any other firsts?  Share them!  Enjoyed yourself?  Tell everyone why!  Pictures?  Post them.

Results (click on the 6th Annual Tab):

• Like 2

The link works fine.  Just click on the "6th Annual" Tab.  It probably defaults to the live feed page.  

EDIT:  BTW, those are the two main brackets.  The actual placings from an ITC perspective will be up in a bit.  I needed a day or two to recuperate and then i will get them turned in for ITC points.  ITC says they post them on Fridays so assuming no lag I expect they will be up by the 10th. 

Yes I think everyone was bummed that you could not make it Pete.  I know I was.  I tried like the Dickens to find a ringer army, and couldn't (cause everyone was rockin and rollin at the tournament) so I had to play in three of the five games.  Meh.  it was fun.  Would have much rather had the fierce Space Wolf known as Westryder slaying his way to happiness though in my stead!

• Like 2

As a follow up worth mentioning, the results did get in on time for everyones ITC points from the Elvensword Ambassadorial Grand Tournament and the ITC standings have been updated.  

Congratulations to Nathan Billings and Sean Morgan for winning their brackets, and to everyone who competed in the ITC this year.  There were 5435 Generals ranked in the ITC for 2016, and the Portland-Seattle corridor had many more than its share of excellent generals represented.

• Like 2

6. This was the first time an onsite masseuse was made available to the players, and we absolutely foresee this happening again at the Elvensword events.

I have a few friends that are masseuses, can you explain how this worked? Like did you pay them, or a volunteer, or how did any of it work?

We paid her.  Absolutely no free lunches.  $60 an hour.

EDIT:  

To explain further, we paid her and charged about half of that for anyone who wanted to enjoy it.  We had them pay my assistant and then my assistant signed a card as a receipt which the masseuse then collected when the players were ready to get er done.  they paid for a ten minute relaxation session and could go back for more if they wanted.

It was relatively seemless and all the input that we got was excellent.  Joshua Death remarked that he would be telling Reece to do it at their events.  Lol.

• Like 2