Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Andrewgeddon

"Minihammer" - 10mm 9th Age?

Recommended Posts

Anybody check this out? Seems pretty interesting, basically 9th Age cut in half, as far as size:

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/23978-minihammer-10mm-portable-adventures-in-the-ninth-age/

Thought this could be a cool way to get someone into the game; Model's don't have the same "Wow factor" as 28mm, but the price for 10mm models is ridiculously cheap compared to most 28mm models, and you can play it on your kitchen table instead of needing a 6x4 space.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, that looks fun. I can see this game covered with empty Olympia Beer cans and the random Jack In The Box bags as terrain pieces. 

I was looking at Polar Fox miniatures and they have a 10mm Grimgor Ironhide. My eyes lit up like a fat kid in a buffet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Grensche said:

Oh man, that looks fun. I can see this game covered with empty Olympia Beer cans and the random Jack In The Box bags as terrain pieces. 

I was looking at Polar Fox miniatures and they have a 10mm Grimgor Ironhide. My eyes lit up like a fat kid in a buffet.

Was looking at Polar Fox's Undying Dynasties stuff, they look great! Still trying to find something to use as 10mm Dryads for my "zero elves" Sylvan Elves :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grensche said:

Oh man, that looks fun. I can see this game covered with empty Olympia Beer cans and the random Jack In The Box bags as terrain pieces. 

I was looking at Polar Fox miniatures and they have a 10mm Grimgor Ironhide. My eyes lit up like a fat kid in a buffet.

What sort of buffet are we talking about?

A cake buffet, or a salad bar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Was looking at Polar Fox's Undying Dynasties stuff, they look great! Still trying to find something to use as 10mm Dryads for my "zero elves" Sylvan Elves :cool:

They all look good. But man, I'm on a roll painting my orcs at the moment. Just about done painting 40 choppaz and now moving onto 32 arrer boyz. I now have 30 Black Orcs, and 3 River Trolls. HUZZAH!!!

Another miniature maker you should check out is Lancer Miniatures, They mainly make 20mm and 28mm but it's a lot of historical armies and they got some cool Orc miniatures that look like oldschool Warhammer Orcs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

What sort of buffet are we talking about?

A cake buffet, or a salad bar?

Cake, always go with the cake. Who eats rabbit food?

Personally I prefer the Granny's Buffet. One time I went to this Chinese buffet out in Renton called "Foody Goody", big buffet. I ate there twice and on the second time I ate there... Foody Goody wasn't so Goody. Had food poisoning, place was shut down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grensche said:

They all look good. But man, I'm on a roll painting my orcs at the moment. Just about done painting 40 choppaz and now moving onto 32 arrer boyz. I now have 30 Black Orcs, and 3 River Trolls. HUZZAH!!!

Another miniature maker you should check out is Lancer Miniatures, They mainly make 20mm and 28mm but it's a lot of historical armies and they got some cool Orc miniatures that look like oldschool Warhammer Orcs.

Glad to hear the orcs are coming along! My dwarves are horribly slow to start, I basically have 1 clansmen and 1 crossbowmen. Ill have to max out my lord allotment to ease the painting :D.

I never appreciated how easy lizardmen were to paint until I had to start painting bags, shoes, gloves, hair, helmets, pants, shirts, capes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Was looking at Polar Fox's Undying Dynasties stuff, they look great! Still trying to find something to use as 10mm Dryads for my "zero elves" Sylvan Elves :cool:

Just glue some twigs and crap to bases, DONE.

I love the idea of an elf-less elf army. Elves are so stupid, but their army rules are so cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grensche said:

They all look good. But man, I'm on a roll painting my orcs at the moment. Just about done painting 40 choppaz and now moving onto 32 arrer boyz. I now have 30 Black Orcs, and 3 River Trolls. HUZZAH!!!

Another miniature maker you should check out is Lancer Miniatures, They mainly make 20mm and 28mm but it's a lot of historical armies and they got some cool Orc miniatures that look like oldschool Warhammer Orcs.

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to be working on 28mm projects; KoE Duke to Hippogryph is 1/2 built, and I'm excited to put together more bases for my Infernal Dwarf Immortals and start actually building minis. 10mm is just another way to play; I've got a buddy who liked WHFB, but had zero motivation to paint hundreds of models for an army. He's all about Minihammer though; says he would be 100% to play a large Fantasy Battle game at a "proper" scale XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to be working on 28mm projects; KoE Duke to Hippogryph is 1/2 built, and I'm excited to put together more bases for my Infernal Dwarf Immortals and start actually building minis. 10mm is just another way to play; I've got a buddy who liked WHFB, but had zero motivation to paint hundreds of models for an army. He's all about Minihammer though; says he would be 100% to play a large Fantasy Battle game at a "proper" scale XD

If I were to get into Minihammer, it would be while listening to heavy metal records and beer. I personally wouldn't paint 10mm miniatures. I'd probably just leave them the way they are.

Yeah I still have to prime the black orcs and trolls. But after reading this community's posts and watching battle reports on YouTube, I'm in 100%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

Glad to hear the orcs are coming along! My dwarves are horribly slow to start, I basically have 1 clansmen and 1 crossbowmen. Ill have to max out my lord allotment to ease the painting :D.

I never appreciated how easy lizardmen were to paint until I had to start painting bags, shoes, gloves, hair, helmets, pants, shirts, capes.

I was having the same issue with Orc bags and belts. I just spend one session painting only bags for example. Lately I've been listening to a lot of fantasy tavern music while I'm painting... Kind of sets the mood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×