This is not a test

Sherbert

Hey guys, the warhamsters are going to start a campaign for This is not a Test. I have been plugging away trying to get some models ready and decided i was going to play mutants. By playing mutants I was able to scour my bots box and cobble together most of my warband. Because this game is a skirmish game where players need less than 10 models I wanted to try a new basing technique and decided on the new GW texture paints. I used Agrellan earth. I like it so far but I wish the crackle effect was more prominent. I saw that you can buy crackle effect paint from craft stores and it looks like the crackle is larger and more consistent. One thing about the Agrellan earth is that you need to prime and base coat the base before applying the texture paint. If you do not the paint does not hold to the base and easily flakes off. I did not prime the bases and had to scrap them clean because they were basically useless. 

Here are the first 3 finished models.

first is Uncle Cletus

7180DE8F-9723-49C2-A806-0836078C9DCB_zps

CC5B903E-84E0-43AF-A0F9-C5026985EC90_zps

Next is Meral the man bird

D1FADBE1-469E-4FB1-B0DF-6C8F7CDE82BE_zps

916BEDEE-8D07-49B3-ACCE-9E7B93484FA3_zps

And the last is one eye Pete

11367DFA-E0F8-4AEB-A05C-00C93BEF960D_zps

8E0A7340-C36B-4D57-8DC2-5747C615E4AB_zps

thats is for now. I have a couple more in the paint process so hopefully later this week they will be done.

• Like 1

It's not so much an ad, I use uBlock Origin, but a placeholder image that Photobucket serves up instead of your intended image.  It's meant to annoy you into giving them money, only you don't see it.  Only the people you want to see your content see the message, and they get a healthy reminder of why to avoid Photobucket. 

I use Google Photos currently.  It's automatic from my phone.  I can share them out from there.  Getting a direct link to an image that you can embed in our posts can be a little tricky, but it's doable.   But it's free, so how about 'meh'/5.

If there is a better experience out there, I'd love to hear about it.   

• Like 1

Agrellan Badland gets more noticeable cracking than Agrellan Earth. You also have to lay them on kind of thick. Thin coats don't get enough difference in drying rates to crack much.

EDIT: I went to your Photobucket* and checked them out. You definitely want thicker, gloppier coats of Agrellan Earth. It goes totally counter to what you want with basically any other painting situation. They do look good, tho.

*Their interface on their own site is increasingly terrible, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sherbert said:

odd, I dont see any adds but thats probably because I use an add blocker. Any suggestions for a image hosting site?

Photobucket no longer allows you to link your images to other sites for free. To do so you have to pay $400/yr. It was a stealth change they made to their ToS. It's why I transferred all my images and closed both my photobucket accounts. I use Imgur now.

• Like 1