My Mutant Skum Guard.Third tank done!

PourSpelur

• 1 month later...

Keep shading the hell out of this: Earthshade and sepia.

I have had good results mixing a parchment color with a bright green for highlights on this kind of scheme.

Make the tracks look muddy. One way to do this is with the new technical paint applied on thickly. Or, you could use white glue + sand, paint dark brown when dry then highlight with light brown.

Gerbil: I'm confused, are you saying I should shade more on the one with the green and brown streaks or the one I have the pin-up girl outline on? The streaky one is pretty close to done, I'm shooting for a brighter overall scheme so do you think I could keep the nice "pop" with another brown wash? The last pic is just basecoated a color I like to call "toxic lime puke". It's the main baseline color of the entire army, uniforms, armor etc.

What I like to do is highlight super bright, then do a medium to heavy wash, then use my finger or a towel to take the wash off of the raised detail. Then I will often do a second, sometimes darker wash towards the very bottom of the model. In some cases I will go back and pick out a few more highlights with a very bright color, concentrating on corners and top level raised detail.

I wasn't talking about the pinup, although I love the idea.

The last thing Farseer Flu'Gherr ever saw...

BhGe96NCUAAcKVG.jpg

Recipe time!

SPACE ELF STEW

Prep time: 2 minutes    Cook time: 45-60 minutes

1) Scrape all the chunky bits out of your tank treads

2) Place all bits not still breathing in an old oil drum

3) Fill remaining space in drum with "liquid"... water, blood, tequila, whatever

4) Douse captives in promethium and stake to ground. Stack about waist high

5) Light ablaze, place drum atop, salt to flavor

• Like 1

I could detail this up quite a bit still. More warts, weeping wounds and rusty armored plates can always be added but I'm gonna call it done for now. Otherwise I'll end up with an unpainted army

and one awesome tank. As usual, if anyone sees anything I'm missing opinions are always appreciated. Thanks for the looks!

:rolleyes:

BhGfKIgCYAASUoi.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...