Assault Squads.

HeroZero

A few times my DA have fielded a 10-man with one of each special weapon (Flame+PP), then a vet sarge with both PP and fist. I use it in joint with the Firestorm Redoubt, as that unit can just fit on top, which gains them durability, while creating a large threat range. I usually like the results, but my DA have lots of more flashy FA slots and this unit is 240pts.

-Pax

Honestly, with the drop in points on Vanguard Vets, I would always run them if I wanted jump pack troops.  For only 3 pts more you get a bump in Attacks (crucial) and Ld (nice!).  You lose out on special weapons, but gain broader access to things like meltabombs and power weapons.  

I've tried to make them work a few times, but they're just too expensive. GW persists in thinking that a BP/CCW is worth as much as a Bolter, even tho they've buffed the latter repeatedly over the last couple of editions while the former has gained little. I think they also overvalue the Jump Packs themselves. It feels like the packs are priced as tho everyone gets the Raven Guard buffs.

I've tried to make them work a few times, but they're just too expensive. GW persists in thinking that a BP/CCW is worth as much as a Bolter, even tho they've buffed the latter repeatedly over the last couple of editions while the former has gained little. I think they also overvalue the Jump Packs themselves. It feels like the packs are priced as tho everyone gets the Raven Guard buffs.

They are expensive, but I remain undecided if they are worth their points. I find assault Marines really shine over bikes in situations with ruins or fortifications. The bonus weapons can matter, though it really depends on the opponent.

In general, bikes have more expensive models and are more shooting oriented. This can aid or hinder a list, depending on the rest of their list.

-Pax

They also need to be able to take upgrades that actually help them, you know, Assault. Gimme an option to put cheap Power Weapons/Fists on basic squaddies, and then we'll talk.

Dunno about your codex, but the DA do have some good support options from the rest of the codex. Bikes too, but we do have several options to make assault unit's work, should we actually decide to go that route.

-Pax