Got destroyed by new nids.

busbina

My Nurgle Chaos got torn up by the new nids. Yes my list is more fluff than comp, but the Mawlocs decimated by back line. Ageis line + venomthropes is great, I normally focus on his Tervigons to kill off all the little bugs, but with a 2+ cover I couldnt do anything to it. I couldnt get my prince close to insta-death, I couldnt land because of all the little bugs everywhere. The poison weapons did well, but that was about my only saving grace. I could see Tau doing well due to the ignore cover, but the mawlocs were mighty impressive, and if they started coming up in their fire base, I can see their troops breaking.

That was probably my roughest fight at Tshft, every other round was tied into turn 5, getting lots of big kills with the prince and lord, nothing wiped me out like 'nids did. It plays different than old nids, but it does play. I couldn't hel-turkey anything either, too many little bugs to put my base down. 

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Foot print is one the biggest antiflyer defences horde armies have. This also is. Good defence against out flanking and deepstriking. Venomthrope defintely make the horde better.

My Nurgle Chaos got torn up by the new nids. Yes my list is more fluff than comp, but the Mawlocs decimated by back line. Ageis line + venomthropes is great, I normally focus on his Tervigons to kill off all the little bugs, but with a 2+ cover I couldnt do anything to it. I couldnt get my prince close to insta-death, I couldnt land because of all the little bugs everywhere. The poison weapons did well, but that was about my only saving grace. I could see Tau doing well due to the ignore cover, but the mawlocs were mighty impressive, and if they started coming up in their fire base, I can see their troops breaking.

I'd be interested to hear the rest of the list, not detailed just the broad strokes.

It was this list:

Hive Tyrant: Twin-Linked Devourer with Brainleech worms x2, Hive Commander, Wings

Hive Tyrant: Twin-Linked Devouer with Brainleech worms x2, Wings

Tervigon: Regeneration, The Norn Crown

Hormaguant Brood: x3 10-man

Termagant Brood: 30-man with x25 Devourers

Zoanthrope Brood: 1 x 2

Venomthrope Brood: 1 x 1

Mawloc: x 3

Aegis Line with Comm Relay

= 1750 pts

from (http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2014/01/15/tits-tournaments-tyranids-spin/)

I just had pretty much the standard Nurgle Biker lord list (Bikes,2 units of plague marines, oblits, heldrake) w\chaos daemons (BioPrince w/insta-death sword and Soul Grinder).

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

The list relies on reserve rolls for 3 key models so comm relay was requirement.

Not surprised by crown on tervigon that was in my list. 5 synapse seems right. Hormies made it in list would have thought spam terms or min genestealers for scoring. I am curious about the choice need to read article.

It was this list:

Hive Tyrant: Twin-Linked Devourer with Brainleech worms x2, Hive Commander, Wings

Hive Tyrant: Twin-Linked Devouer with Brainleech worms x2, Wings

Tervigon: Regeneration, The Norn Crown

Hormaguant Brood: x3 10-man

Termagant Brood: 30-man with x25 Devourers

Zoanthrope Brood: 1 x 2

Venomthrope Brood: 1 x 1

Mawloc: x 3

Aegis Line with Comm Relay

= 1750 pts

from (http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2014/01/15/tits-tournaments-tyranids-spin/)

I just had pretty much the standard Nurgle Biker lord list (Bikes,2 units of plague marines, oblits, heldrake) w\chaos daemons (BioPrince w/insta-death sword and Soul Grinder).

What I love about this list is that it has five units that can be ON the other guys starting line by round 2, and 60+ scittering gaunts on their way and threatening in turn 2 as well.  It backs the enemy up quite a bit and sets them up pretty nicely.  I understand that enemy shooting will whittle that lot a fair amount before its down and dirty time, but turn two has got to be a veritable explosion of enemy casualties on the enemy side, many of them high value and if those monsters do nothing but hold the enemy in place for turns 3 and 4, that could be enough to allow the Gaunts to spawn and run to their objectives behind that massive wall.

It's kind of fun to imagine cinematically.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

What I love about this list is that it has five units that can be ON the other guys starting line by round 2, and 60+ scittering gaunts on their way and threatening in turn 2 as well. It backs the enemy up quite a bit and sets them up pretty nicely. I understand that enemy shooting will whittle that lot a fair amount before its down and dirty time, but turn two has got to be a veritable explosion of enemy casualties on the enemy side, many of them high value and if those monsters do nothing but hold the enemy in place for turns 3 and 4, that could be enough to allow the Gaunts to spawn and run to their objectives behind that massive wall.

It's kind of fun to imagine cinematically.

Agreed the most appealing factor of nids to me is the play experience for both parties. The fact that you know your opponent will be removing a ton of your guys creates a postive experience. That crashing wave style of play can also really appeal to the narrative.

* Terivgons can't be warlord

* Walking Tyrants need guard to stay alive, so ~350 pts down there, more if you add AG in hopes they make combat

* Old One Eye, still not worth it

* Deathleaper, I can see his usefulness, almost unkillable warlord, annoyance for 1 character's leadership

* Prime, I can see him being useful if joined to a venomthrope and stuffed into a fire storm redoubt, or coming on in the backfield with a unit of warriors (would require a tyrant with hive commander)

* Swarmlord, appears to be overcosted for what he does and requires guard to stay alive, havent tested him yet.

• Like 3

Just curious, considered bugs with the aquilla? Tyranids in charge of a pair of AV15 structures would be pretty amusing. Venomthorpe in range of top grants models 2+ cover in the open. Plus that super cannon or vortex missile,

-Pax

* Walking Tyrants need guard to stay alive, so ~350 pts down there, more if you add AG in hopes they make combat

* Deathleaper, I can see his usefulness, almost unkillable warlord, annoyance for 1 character's leadership

* Prime, I can see him being useful if joined to a venomthrope and stuffed into a fire storm redoubt, or coming on in the backfield with a unit of warriors (would require a tyrant with hive commander)

* Swarmlord, appears to be overcosted for what he does and requires guard to stay alive, havent tested him yet.

Cant a flyrant be in a Hive Guard squad until he wants to leave it? 

I like sticking a Prime in with 3 Carnifex and having that run down field.  No guns all melee.

OneEye is kind of worth it if you want to run 10 Carnifex....

Swarmlord with 3 Mawlocks will be a brutal alpha strike army.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

+1

Give me an invul or 2+ and I will keep him on ground. Flyrants are just too cost effective.

Yeah the removal of armored shell from tyrants was odd and annoying.  I much preferred the 2+ and keeping my preferred enemy bubble with my army.  Removal of those made the walk-rant pretty meh.

OneEye is kind of worth it if you want to run 10 Carnifex....

If he had adrenal glands or was allowed to join carnifexes like a tyrant joins hive guard then he would have got some play.  As is he's just not worth it even in carni spam.

Swarmlord with 3 Mawlocks will be a brutal alpha strike army.

I had similar thoughts but a comms relay + bastion may work better.  Could then more easily mix in some outflank via hive commander

I like the idea of a flyrant in the tyrant guard unit.  

Unless the new FAQ changes things a Tyrant cannot leave the guard, only join (well its arguable I guess but without specific provisions and the old FAQ and rules as precedent you won't get much traction).

• Like 1