New 40K Starter Box Coming September

andozane

Don't give him the clicks, since that's all this rumor is, clickbait... Larry used to be somewhat reliable, but he has been going waaaay downhill.

From Bell of Lost souls, Larry Vela :

Launch Window - @September
Rules Summary : Updated Mini-rulebook contains FAQs, minor tweaks and clarifications, and much of Stronghold Assault rolled into a new shiny package.
Miniatures included: @70

Armies:
Blood Angels (plastic quick assembly)
- Assault Marine Squad
- Tactical Marine Squad
- Death Company Squad
- Captain (kitted out for assault)
- Chaplain
- Sanguinary Priest (limited edition, similar to the Dark Vengeance mini was)

Orks (plastic quick assembly)
- 'Ardboys (full mob)
- Nobs (small squad)
- Warboss
- Big Mek
- Ork themed fortification

This was described as simply an updated Warhammer 40,000 Starter Set and specifically "NOT 7th Edition."

• Like 1

Orks with less conversion options = lame ork players...

-Pax

Perhaps it was too vague. Coolest thing about orks, IMO, is their heavily converted armies. Take that away and it removes the best thing about orks. Sure, they can still have crazy rules, fun models, and nice paint jobs, but I think it takes away. This happened some after the release of the last ork started set. I don't blame the players for buying the orks cheap or taking the easy way by purchasing kits instead of making awesome conversions, it just is sad to see on the table: that bland ork army with no conversions.

Seeing a heavily converted ork (grot) army play was my initial draw into 40k. 4k battle in 3rd edition with only grots on the table (a few orks converted into "buff" grots). No apocalypse units either, just that old, very awesome, ork codex.

-Pax

PS: no offense intended. I'm not trying to be rude, I am being honest.

I`d pick it up if that's what gets released:)

Could always use more Boyz and I`m especially interested in a new Big Mek model.

Plus more SM`s for my Black Reach models.

But really I don't see this happening..seems like it wouldnt be wise to release another starter set with Ork -SM matchup so soon after the Black Reach set wasn't that the one before the recent DA-CSM one?