Planetary Empires Wk2

AgentP

First, I will likely not be there, due to meetings.

Same thing as last week guys.  Start by resolving anything from last week, i.e. occupying tiles for attackers.  Then everyone roll.  If you defended last week you can spend each point (1-3) for a +1d3 to your roll.  Also don't forget that people still in orbit, attacking someone already on the ground, gets one free orbital barrage.

Due to uneven numbers, Rhuntar stepped in as a ringer and I played him.

Result: Win for Rhuntar (D), Loss for me (A).

Both Warlords were killed in the game. My Chaplain on a bike was finally killed after 5 rounds of close combat with a Slugga mob. His Warboss & squad tore thru 1 tactical squad and killed 2 Centurions, before finally dying to 4 krak missiles at close range. 

Gonzo (attacker) vs Brian (defender)

Gonzo win

The Chaos traitor (COL Straken and Warlord) was slain

The funniest part about Straken dying was that he was hiding behind a leman russ so my wolf priest couldn't living lightning him.  Then, I blow up the tank with a krak missile and Straken falls to tank debri.

I will say, the model of the match (if nothing more than annoyance) had to be the vendetta.  I didn't pop it until the top of turn 7.  That thing made so many jinx saves.

In the end, the Inquisition destroyed the nurgle host.  The dreadknight went to happy town on the plague bearers and herald.  The Inquistiion will be watching closely as the battles wage on the newly founded planet.

Dark Trainer's Necrons (attacker) vs DisruptiveConduct's Tyranids (defender)

Win for the Tyranids! We played the Scouring and the objective I placed in the center of the board was the 4pt Objective and so that's where the Swarmlord and crew hung out for the most part.

Destoryer Lord with Warscythe and Mindshackle Scarabs make Carnifexes sad and dead.

Swarmlord kills scarabs and spiders dead.

Fun game and looking foward to facing the evil robits again.

My Mech-Catachan attacked Rcnjack's orks (defender). I lost soundly to that stompa and his interior repair team. I did destroy most of the other orks in his army...though he destroyed most of my forces (all but a russ).

-Pax

EDIT: @Rcnjack: After thinking over our game, I think those lootas have heavy weapons, right? In the future, they can't fire at full BS if you move the vehicle at all. Snaps only. Don't care for our game, just thought you'd care because you said it was your first time running it.

-Pax

My Mech-Catachan attacked Rcnjack's orks (defender). I lost soundly to that stompa and his interior repair team. I did destroy most of the other orks in his army...though he destroyed most of my forces (all but a russ).

-Pax

Lol,,was about ready to post up on it! thnx:)

Indeed Torkjaw`s Stompa took some hits but his crew of Mek`s and Loota`s onboard were shooting and fixin at a fever pitch!

Your High water mark for damage on it was 7hp`s but ended the game with only 1 hp knocked off.

After several incidents of major components falling off of it( like arms and stuff) Torkjaw has ordered the massive gargant off the front lines for repairs.

Rumor has it that a smallish warband of Bloodaxes have been offered a generous portion of teeth by Dok Klawvorkian to join in the invasion...have to see who shows up I guess.

Ahh crap!

Was just going over my lists planning adjustments and realized that I screwed up in adding to my 1750 pre made list for the battle I had with Pax...looks like I was NOT supposed to have that Vengence battery out there.I thought for sure it was  in the 1750 list.It works out to be +65 points over 1850 on my part and that thing did indeed draw a lot of your attentions so its NOT a small deal.

Anyhow.im fine with forfeiting the round to ya and taking a loss on it.I`m already planeside and I don't know were to go next anyway :unsure:

I think for next week ill just bring a 2k list and skim stuff off if players want to play less.

• Like 1

Ahh crap!

Was just going over my lists planning adjustments and realized that I screwed up in adding to my 1750 pre made list for the battle I had with Pax...looks like I was NOT supposed to have that Vengence battery out there.I thought for sure it was  in the 1750 list.It works out to be +65 points over 1850 on my part and that thing did indeed draw a lot of your attentions so its NOT a small deal.

Anyhow.im fine with forfeiting the round to ya and taking a loss on it.I`m already planeside and I don't know were to go next anyway :unsure:

I think for next week ill just bring a 2k list and skim stuff off if players want to play less.

lol..., we can still count it as a win in your favor. I'm not confident I could have dispatched that stompa with my forces in that match, even without that battery.

Though, I suppose if you are honor bound to make it even, next time we face each other (if we do), give my forces a 65pt bonus...it shouldn't be enough to unbalance it. It would just tip the scale a bit in my direction, an equal amount to the tip you [accidentally] added to yourself.

-Pax

-Pax

EDIT: @Rcnjack: After thinking over our game, I think those lootas have heavy weapons, right? In the future, they can't fire at full BS if you move the vehicle at all. Snaps only. Don't care for our game, just thought you'd care because you said it was your first time running it.

-Pax

Ahh yeah!

I forgot about that im so used to just planting Lootas in cover somewere Ive never had to deal with the moving and shooting thing,lol

Good catch!