GW prices are up again...

Threejacks

I think I checked last week or so and they were the same as last year but this morning I look and damn! it appears they are using the whole fist now wtf!

Ive been contemplating getting an Aquila to complete my Fortifications seeing that 165.00 made up my mind right away.All the Super heavys are at 165.00 now too.

I picked up a "new in box" one on ebay with free shipping for 96.00 knowing that its just a matter of days before game shops jack up the prices to match the new level.

Also picked up a starter for Xwing..30.00 w/free shipping:)

It's not a bug, but this is the most common reason that I see to facepalm when on gaming forums. :)

Didn't used to do it for me, but the last few days it seems to default there. That was my basis for it "maybe" being a bug.

-Pax

Didn't used to do it for me, but the last few days it seems to default there. That was my basis for it "maybe" being a bug.

-Pax

I have never seen it do that to me until today.

I mean I know GW is all about the buck now but sheese!,lol

Also its strange that the Aquila is listed for 165.00 in Ausi bucks along with the Super heavys but in Dollars its still only 115.00 while the Super heavys here are 140.00.

Its probably their way of "nudging" us in the states to be prepared for when we go down to the bottom to change the flag and find out its on the US flag already!

I have never seen it do that to me until today.

I mean I know GW is all about the buck now but sheese!,lol

Also its strange that the Aquila is listed for 165.00 in Ausi bucks along with the Super heavys but in Dollars its still only 115.00 while the Super heavys here are 140.00.

Its probably their way of "nudging" us in the states to be prepared for when we go down to the bottom to change the flag and find out its on the US flag already!

Nah, this is a re-occuring thing for aussy players. They really complain a lot about it online (justified). At one point, it was cheaper for them to buy FW than the GW prices.

I'm not really sure on the issue, but my understanding is that GW is more of dicks to that country than ours.

-Pax

It's not just GW. I've heard similar stories about DVD and Video Game prices, and I know for a fact from my last job that Quilt Patterns cost double there what they do here, and fabric is even worse. We'd get people ordering from Australia all the time, because it was cheaper to pay $50 or more in shipping but get the product at US prices than to buy locally.

It's not just GW. I've heard similar stories about DVD and Video Game prices, and I know for a fact from my last job that Quilt Patterns cost double there what they do here, and fabric is even worse. We'd get people ordering from Australia all the time, because it was cheaper to pay $50 or more in shipping but get the product at US prices than to buy locally.

My understanding on the dvd and video game front has to do with the lasers used to read them. The world outside the US (and maybe the UK) get's a different version, as I understand it. The lasers, in blu-ray players, for example, have millitary uses that should probably not be posted on the site.

-Pax

I doubt it. Mostly because I know a number of people in Australia who order their DVDs and Games from international sources, and are able to play them just fine. I'm pretty sure the regional restriction thing is pure marketing.

As I understand it, it's a combination of shipping costs and historical factors from when the world was less connected and Australia was more isolated, combined with the basic principle of charging what the market will bear, and the fact that, like it or not, people in Australia apparently do keep paying those prices.

DVDs and Video games and other electronic devices have built in regional codes specific to marketing and disc format. Its actualy built into the player not the disc. Once a region has been set to a player it can only be swapped a finite number of times. If you want access to the largest selection of products you don't want to set your DVD/Blueray player to the wrong region. The regions are typically assigned by default based on where the unit is purchased and generally can reset 1-2 more times based on the first disc played on the unit. So you could purchase a Blueray player in China (default Chineese region) and then put a disc you bought online from say BEST BUY US site (default US region) . If the disc is a US only release the blue ray player should alert you about needing to change the region and letting you know that doing so could cause your come of your movies to become unusable.

This is most commonly done due to legality of certain imagery and rating requirements. It is also due to marketing. Some films have been heavily edited for foreign markets and have been dubbed in other languages with limited or no subtitle options. There are a number of other reasons for the region codes on games and movies but there are a few.

Back in the mid '90s I may have been affiliated with a couple of video bootlegging operations and may have been very active in the California Con and Swapmeet circuit selling copies of unliscensed foreign films and animae. You could sell a bootleg copy of DBZ on video for $30 and people would eat them up. You could also make a  shiny penny on bootleg copies of pre edited movies. Stuff that's still the script version no sound effect/music. Those were the good ol' days the wild west if you will.