Spring Escalation League, Week Five: April 6th

Week Five. 1700 points. April 30th

All movement trays made for a player's army during the league receives +1 League Point. 

Scenario.

Torment and Treachery

At the start of the game, each player will be issued five of the following ten cards. The cards can be played at any time. 

1.  Add d6 inches from any charge

2. Subtract d6 inches from any charge. 

3. Re-roll any failed ward saves in one single combat. 

4. Re-roll any successful ward saves in any single combat. 

5. Cause a shooting unit firing with BS to hit at -2 or cause one war machine not to fire for one turn. 

6. Cause a shooting unit firing with BS to hit at +2 or cause one war machine not to misfire fire for one turn. 

7. In combat, lowers one unit's Initiative to 1.

8. In combat, increases one unit's Initiative to 10. 

9. Make any spell +3 to cast. 

10. Make any spell -3 to cast. 

League Bonus

+1 Point for each card played. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, Fantastic idea. Didn't think T&T style cards would work well in a normal game but this gives it a new level of strategy. When do I play each card? Great resource management idea.

And even though I was just watching tonight I was happy to see most of the table space taken up. Only one un-used table in house. For league night that's great.

So to those that had thought Fantasy was dying out I say it is just starting its comeback.

Its good to be square.

Gonzo,

Here is your list for next week:

Sorceress, L2, Tome of Furion

Sorceress, L2, Dispel Scroll

BSB, Cold One, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Ogre Blade

20 Bleak Swords w. FC

20 Dread Spears w. FC

5 Dark Riders w. Shields, rxbs, M. 

9 Cold One Knights w. FC

RBT

RBT

5 Harpies.

Nothing Fancy……..

I couldn't get myself motivated for my Ogres project, so I'm seeing how it goes going back to my Shallya-themed Empire army. I'm still living in fear of how many conversions are needed for that, but I'm more interested in playing it.

I just assembled the army and I'm coming in this Sunday. (Likely after 5 o'clock.) I still need to proxy up some greatswords, but I think I can find something.

By funny coincidence, I don't have customized movement trays for most of the units I want to put together, so I might throw something together. Opportunity knocks!

One Question:

1) If you get a card you can't use, because you didn't write your list and aren't able to make sure you could play every card given to you, may you exchange it for one?  You gave me no ward save on anything in my army, and because of that one of the card is useless.  I was hoping that you would have at least given me the opportunity to use any card given to me.